An Alternative for the MGW Shifter Handle Now Exists!

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Originally posted by PhillyCobra
George,

While you're following this thread, I'd like to ask 2 questions:

1.) I have many of your parts (they're great!) in satin finish. Do you know a specific spray paint (aluminum) that would match this finish if I wanted to spray some interior plastic pieces?

2.) When are you going to make window and lock button kits?

man thats a tough call as the paint always looks different on the can than in real life. my best advice would be to actually have them sanded and painted and cleared professionally. they can then cusotm mix the paint for a perfect match and they will also not peel.

we will not make the wiondow switches until we find a way to keep them from wearing out the plastic rocker switches on the car. we actually thought of these before anybody. i have some protoypes to prove it but after doing severe tersts we found a metal tab on a plastci rocker was a nono. i think some cusotmers who have bought these are gonna be in for a reall headache when they find out the whole switch assemblies need replacing $$$$$$$$

george

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by MGW
man thats a tough call as the paint always looks different on the can than in real life. my best advice would be to actually have them sanded and painted and cleared professionally. they can then cusotm mix the paint for a perfect match and they will also not peel.

we will not make the wiondow switches until we find a way to keep them from wearing out the plastic rocker switches on the car. we actually thought of these before anybody. i have some protoypes to prove it but after doing severe tersts we found a metal tab on a plastci rocker was a nono. i think some cusotmers who have bought these are gonna be in for a reall headache when they find out the whole switch assemblies need replacing $$$$$$$$

george

Why couldn't you just make the little"box" where the tab goes alittle larger and then put plastic in it?

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Wow!.....haven't checked this thread since my original post and when I did....ouch! They're some really strong MGW fans here and a lot of UPR haters. George seems like a pretty smart guy. He realizes that the market is driven by cost and competition. I applaud him for lowering his price on his handle. I think Steeda should do the same with their Triax shifter, because UPR copied that too (Blue Thunder) and the Blue Thunder is about $40 cheaper than the Triax and is a quality piece. Overall I am satisfied by the quality and service of the UPR products I have received. I have never had a problem with them (except for a long back-order time on their '03 Cobra CAI system).

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
George is the man! I've been very happy with everything I've bought, and his customer service just rocks! I'll always check him out first. IMO, quality counts, and getting my order quickly (without having to pay extra) counts even more.

Besides, if MGW is good enough for mjchip, then it's good enough for me.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I got my license frame from MGW, and have been thinking of the shift handle.

I will now buy it, this is the kind of person I wish to do business with. $5 notwithstanding.

Go George. Mike

docs03

Established Member
George,

My Cobra has all the components I could get for it from your company. Top notch quality and customer service! Keep up the great job. Please make a set of power window/lock buttons. Only one that makes them is UPR and they don't even fit correctly!

doc

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
UPR sucks SO bad ......

It's a good thing Taiwan hasn't figured out how to Chrome plate or how to laser cut Stainless Steel ... LOLOLOL

Please do NOT support UPR!

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
UPR's brand new T-7075 EXTREME shifter handle kit is fully adjustable in height and angle to make it the best handle ever. This handle just gave new meaning to the word (Ergonomic) by giving you infinate positions to ensure no matter what you will be happy with our handle.

This handle gives you what the every other handle manufacturer can't a Super light and Incredibly strong shifter handle that will (NEVER) break or wear out. Combining the quick shifts of a short shifter handle with an easy to reach, design. UPR's three axis bend positions your hand exactly right, for the shortest, most precise and clean shifts. (You don't have to bend over to reach 3rd or 5th gear like you have to do with every other handle!)

Imgae on right side of pic is in the raised position and left side is in the lowered position. The approximate height difference when raised is 2" When in the lowered position it is the shortest available.

Kit comes complete with rubber insulator washers, lock washers, flat washers, bolts and allen wrench for instant adjustmanets.

Just like their design work, UNCHECKED! Who wrote this thing, three year old on crack? My English teacher would go nuts with the grammer errors...

:kaboom:

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WELL JUST AS I THOUGHT. AS SOON AS I LOWERED OUR PRICE TO 30.00 UPR LOWERED THEIRS TO 29.95.

now the savings is a whopping .05!!! oh and wait til you get the shipping charges :bash:

george

Users who are viewing this thread