An old nova wants it, and I barely, barely give it back.

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
I was in the southwest corner of Oklahoma, when this primer gray nova revs his engine as he goes by. I turn around to catch up to him, and he is parked waiting for me. Liked he knew I would be there. We organize a race and we're off.
This guy tells me it will run 7.1 in the 1/8th with some good traction. So I think to myself that I'm screwed because my car only runs the 1/8th in 8.2.
Anyway we go down the highway at about 65mph and we both gun it...... we are dead even until about 90mph and I barely start to walk by him and continue to walk as the speed increases.
Then we race from 25mph and his car is quicker to about 70mph then I start to walk by him at about 90mph again.
He beats me to 70mph, but I beat him to a 105mph. Who is the winner I don't know, because I don't have the official handbook of street racing.
Anyway his car doesn't run no 7.1 in the 1/8th, and it was a lot of fun.
later
john

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Cracking the ole' handbook open..

Well from light to light he would obviously take honors. However, since you tested both avenues, higher speed meaning an actual quarter mile, I would say you won. As long as you and he know that in the quarter he would be looking at your reds. :D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The winner is the one out front when you BOTH call it quits. If you were pulling away from him and he just gave up that means you my good man are the victor. You didn't pull a ricer "fly-by" after the guy had already hit the brakes. YOU WON! He should have just realized that his car couldn't keep pace outside of a short distance. Congrats!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread