Anbody have/had a volvo S60R/V70R?

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Hey everybody,

My sister is a finance manager at a Volvo dealership and she told me about a V70R they have. I always liked the s60R/V70R cars but don’t know to much about them.

I figured I would take a look at the car since my current DD is a 96 civic with 130k. The car is an auto 04 V70R.

I was wondering if any of guys have an R car or had one and had any info about them like reliability, maintenance etc...? Thanks,

-Tim

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Check out swedespeed.com or there are a couple other very good Volvo sites.

I don't want to overstep my boundaries on this, but I think the 04's had more frequent and/or common issues than the later MY's with the suspension or something.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
thanks I'm checking out some volvo sites. Didn't really wanna register to ask one question lol. I really shouldn't even be looking up info about car with a final tmw:lol1: can't help it though...

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
funny, i have an 04 cobra, 86 gn, and an 02 v70, similar cars to you. Its not a turbo, but i would buy another one, the electrical systems arent the best, but i can live with it. Mechanically no problems

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
HAHA thats pretty funny. Now all u need is some big block mopar:rockon:

I'm finding out the first year of these cars have some problems but what car doesn't? right now my civic has 130K so it would be wise my guess it to upgrade before I need to replace worn parts on civic.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
My mom had a 97 850R wagon. I beat on that thing in high school bad. Back then a honda was lucky to have a fart cannon and a drilled airbox.

That car lived almost 200k before it started smoking like a train and they donated it.

Now she has an XC90.

Point is that as long as you maintain them they will run forever. They have their little quirks. The 850R ate cam sensors like no tomorrow.

They are good cars but resale drops quickly.

adam911

Established Member
Parents have had nothing but Volvos and they are greats cars, but like always there are some that have problems. My friend has had both the s60r and v70r and he had nothing bad to say, and as far as i know he has never had any major problems other then regular maintenance. I drove the cars a few times and with 300hp they are quick, handle decent and are very comfortable, even on extended trips. I think if you can do your basic stuff in case something does go wrong you should be fine.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
There was at least one member on here with a S60R, I always thought they looked great. I had no idea they made a V70R.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 04 S60R 6sp as my DD. I love the car a lot. Handles great, decent power 300hp 295tq, brakes are amazing. A lot of little things are annoying, but they do not make the ownership experience that bad. There are performance parts out there, check out IPD, and Viva tuning. Suspension dampener replacement is expensive, you have to use OEM do to the Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept suspension system. Did i mention the brakes are amazing for a factory setup?

If you get a car with the 18" Pegasus wheels like i have you will have tyre rub, especially with the Michelin PS2s like I have.

Here are pics from the day I bought mine. O if you get the Nordkap interior the leather changes color. The body kit and the spoiler were factory options.

100_0398.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0402.jpg

100_0405.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread