And yet another example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
I agree. Also, I'm glad you didn't post this in roadside. It would become a 6 month thread. lol

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I vote for more emphasis on quelling DUI offenders. In your state alone you have what... 2300+ deaths a year from this serious issue?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
timpryor said:
Street racing is dumb, its changes your perpective when you KNOW someone that has died, RIP Simeon Piña :(

For now the statics reveal an extremely low incidence of death and injury. Other problems are more pressing.

If you ask me this is a tactic to do the "see we did something useful to society, so promote us" routine. If you get rid of 20 street racers you've potentially removed 30-40% of all issues and therefore boosted your annual review across your entire department.

A small but highly visible problem is easier to control than a larger, more long term and somewhat unsuccessful one statistically (like drinking and driving).

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
timpryor said:
oh D&D is a really big problem, but this just seems like an agruement i can't ever win....so i won't even try

And neither can law enforcement to the extent we see significant results. Is it the fault of LEO's? Absolutely not.

But you can see the allure of this street racing solution. Law enforcement is very similar to other businesses. They have similar initiatives to set goals for various departments and low hanging fruit is always desired by upper management over long term and highly expensive (and also somewhat unpredictable) ones.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
05 Roush said:
I vote for more emphasis on quelling DUI offenders. In your state alone you have what... 2300+ deaths a year from this serious issue?

Not flaming, but where did you get this info? Your post confused me. Are you talking about DUI offenders or street racers? Street racers I could understand, but in Montana last year I think we had around 150 something alcohol related highway deaths, and I know for a fact we were the worst. So I'm just asking you to elaborate and clear up your post a little.

Thanks.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
05 Roush said:
And neither can law enforcement to the extent we see significant results. Is it the fault of LEO's? Absolutely not.

But you can see the allure of this street racing solution. Law enforcement is very similar to other businesses. They have similar initiatives to set goals for various departments and low hanging fruit is always desired by upper management over long term and highly expensive (and also somewhat unpredictable) ones.

Well, let's see - Your posts are lacking in facts, valid information, basic common sense, knowledge of the LEO profession, it's management practices and culture. BUT, other than that.................. :shrug: :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread