Android phone thoughts?

Dusten

Established Member
Ended up with the s10 plus. Both stores i went to didnt have the 3xl in stock. I like it. Camera is great, and the finger scanner seems to work good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Had every iPhone generation until X. Couldn't stand the half ass shit work of the X. Apple seriously lost its way and soul with the death of Steve Jobs. He would have never allowed that stupid notch.

Ended up getting a Oneplus 6T. Absolutely love it.

quad

Established Member
Had every iPhone generation until X. Couldn't stand the half ass shit work of the X. Apple seriously lost its way and soul with the death of Steve Jobs. He would have never allowed that stupid notch.

I have been saying this for a while. Jobs would have never allowed the notch. I hate the notch. I still ended up getting an IPhone XS Max even though I hate the notch. But I got into one of those plans where I can upgrade the phone every 12 months. It is only a matter of time before Apple gets rid of it. There is apparently technology available to place the cameras behind the screen. I don't think the next upgrade this year will include it but the following one for sure. So I'll just upgrade the phone every year.

I am pretty happy with the XS Max besides that and I set the phone to black mode (3 taps with the right button) so the notch disappears. It also saves the battery because those black pixels are off. Only thing that sucks with that mode is some colors are inverted. But the next version of IOS might rectify that.

Blown 89

Established Member
Anyone else interested in the Pixel 4? It was just officially leaked a few days ago.
I'm interested to see what they do with a multi camera setup but their last two phones have had issues so I'm going to let the early adopters beta test the Pixel 4 before considering it

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Notch?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

iphonex-notch-story-670x335.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Notch doesn't bother me either. I have the XS Max. Which I've loved so far.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
So Ive is leaving Apple. I think he too did not like the notch. He might have approved it because of pressure higher up but I just can't see a designer of his standing thinking wow that is cool!

iPhone designer Jony Ive to leave Apple

I think it's a sign that Apple is going to level out, and probably decline in sales for a bit.

If you're familiar with story board editors for video games, it's arguably like losing that person months before release. You can't just bring in someone else.

The new iProducts will be a spin on his designs, but inevitably different. Could be good or bad. We will see.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So Ive is leaving Apple. I think he too did not like the notch. He might have approved it because of pressure higher up but I just can't see a designer of his standing thinking wow that is cool!

iPhone designer Jony Ive to leave Apple

He’s leaving to start his own design firm. Apple will be a huge client of his. His influence will still be with apple.
This is Samsung #6 i think. Maybe more. I never have issues

S5. The microphone never worked. When using the phone my contacts could not hear me. Had to switch to speaker as it uses a different microphone. So every call I placed was a public conversation. I understand 1 part might not work in a million phones, just fix it. Samsung never did.

Got it, never bothered me. Probably will now.
I’d rather have the notched than black edges.
What’s worse were other manufacturers copied the notch while keeping the black edge....

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread rekindled my need/desire to replace my LG G4 because I'm ready to throw it into a blender. All I want is an unlocked phone, with awesome battery life for minor gaming, texting, and interweb use for around $400. After reading reviews and comparing models my search was narrowed down to the Galaxy S9 and Pixel 3a. My work phone is an S9 and works flawlessly, but I decided try my luck with the 3a. I like that Google is quick about updates, there's no bloatware, it'll handle all my needs, and it's Google Fi ready. Suck it won't be delivered until 7/9, but definitely looking forward to the upgrade.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My S8 is broken, and I am not going to pay to fix it at this point. the charging port is failing and the back glass is broken. It was a flawless phone though

If you carry it in your pocket it is likely that you have lint in the charge port. A simple paper clip run on the outside of the port will pull out all sorts of gunk.

Dusten

Established Member
If you carry it in your pocket it is likely that you have lint in the charge port. A simple paper clip run on the outside of the port will pull out all sorts of gunk.
I dont. And id been on the ship for 3 months so it wasnt being carried anywhere.

Blown 89

Established Member
I’d rather have the notched than black edges.
What’s worse were other manufacturers copied the notch while keeping the black edge....
FYI, Apple wasnt the first to use a notch. I'm ok with a black edge is there's a reason for it (i.e. front facing speaker)

Users who are viewing this thread