Android phone thoughts?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Yeah, havent updated mine 7 plus until they get rid of that notch.

Attachments

• D55F3CFB-DCCC-4530-8E12-31EDB952E451.jpeg
    D55F3CFB-DCCC-4530-8E12-31EDB952E451.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 164

Blown 89

Established Member
Who was the first?
Sharp, then Pocophone if I'm not mistaken.

The reality is that development takes so long that all of the notched phones were in development well before the first was ever released.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Sharp, then Pocophone if I'm not mistaken.

The reality is that development takes so long that all of the notched phones were in development well before the first was ever released.
I thought I responded or edited my response.

Google says it was the essential phone in aug of 17 2 months before the X. So neither Essential or Apple copied each other given that time frame. However many copied apple after.

Blown 89

Established Member
I thought I responded or edited my response.

Google says it was the essential phone in aug of 17 2 months before the X. So neither Essential or Apple copied each other given that time frame. However many copied apple after.
Not really. The phones that proceeded Apple were in development long before it was ever known that the iphone had a notch. In fact LG filed a patent for a notch in Korea in November of 2016, a full year before Apple released a notched phone. Samsung filed their patent before the iPhone release too. Saying that anyone copied Apple is just untrue as ignores the timelines of product development.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
I’m actually eyeballing phones for purchase now. Weird question can you group message on Androids like iPhone? If someone sends you group iMessage and you respond does the message stay in the group or does it send a new message? Also do Androids send texts over data or only over cellular sms network? I only ask because these are the two key things that made me stick with iPhone over the years. That and the hardware is pretty nice. (Doesn’t feel like cheap plastic). But I do like the Samsung actives they don’t feel like cheap plastic and seem pretty rugged.

Dusten

Established Member
I’m actually eyeballing phones for purchase now. Weird question can you group message on Androids like iPhone? If someone sends you group iMessage and you respond does the message stay in the group or does it send a new message? Also do Androids send texts over data or only over cellular sms network? I only ask because these are the two key things that made me stick with iPhone over the years. That and the hardware is pretty nice. (Doesn’t feel like cheap plastic). But I do like the Samsung actives they don’t feel like cheap plastic and seem pretty rugged.
You can set it so that your messages are individual or group

They will not send messages without cellular. Ie if you only have wifi, no texting.

I rarely text anymore. Everything is via fb messenger or hangouts(google)

Dusten

Established Member
See?
72fb105ae79ced477f2abbc78d462bc0.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Keep in mind that phones with headphone jacks are still able to use bluetooth for audio. Some phones utilize HD standards that lower latency and increase sound quality.

If cost isn't a concern and you want something that will last 2 years you need to be looking at a few phones........iPhone, Pixel. If those didn't fit the bill you want an LG V or G series or a One Plus as second options. If longevity is your thing Samsung definitely isn't it IMO.

Someone has a beef against Samsung. Personally i think Samsung's make some of the longer lasting phones. My note 4 was a beast never broke kept working forever. Was a great back up phone. The S8+ plus was a good phone too but the so called gorilla glass was a joke. And my note 9 seems to be very durable. Time will tell on the longevity of it but im gonna guess it will be much like my note 4.

iPhones still have the charging port issue over time. Still have batterys that dont last. Still break screens easy.
The plus about them is they use the same software for the last 10yr + yrs so its easy to upgrade and not have to learn it all over.

I have no experience with pixel phones but ive heard its a hit and miss for people.

Lg phones i dont think are made well at all. The 2 lg phones ive owned in the past always had to be replaced under insurance due to things that stop working.

Blown 89

Established Member
Someone has a beef against Samsung. Personally i think Samsung's make some of the longer lasting phones. My note 4 was a beast never broke kept working forever. Was a great back up phone. The S8+ plus was a good phone too but the so called gorilla glass was a joke. And my note 9 seems to be very durable. Time will tell on the longevity of it but im gonna guess it will be much like my note 4.

iPhones still have the charging port issue over time. Still have batterys that dont last. Still break screens easy.
The plus about them is they use the same software for the last 10yr + yrs so its easy to upgrade and not have to learn it all over.

I have no experience with pixel phones but ive heard its a hit and miss for people.

Lg phones i dont think are made well at all. The 2 lg phones ive owned in the past always had to be replaced under insurance due to things that stop working.
Not really, I'm just echoing industry concerns over flaws Samsung is known for and have plagued them very recently. It will be interesting to see how their current gen phones hold up. LG phones have come a long way in the last few generations in terms of quality. I agree that their older phones were garbage. Pixels are great long term phones.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Not really, I'm just echoing industry concerns over flaws Samsung is known for and have plagued them very recently. It will be interesting to see how their current gen phones hold up. LG phones have come a long way in the last few generations in terms of quality. I agree that their older phones were garbage. Pixels are great long term phones.
This Pixel 2 is hands down the best phone I've ever had.

@1QWK96GT if someone using iMessage sends you a video you will get a shit low pixel version. For iPhone users that I know we just text multi media stuff in Facebook Messenger. You don't need Facebook to use it.

jrandy

Established Member
This Pixel 2 is hands down the best phone I've ever had.

@1QWK96GT if someone using iMessage sends you a video you will get a shit low pixel version. For iPhone users that I know we just text multi media stuff in Facebook Messenger. You don't need Facebook to use it.
I've been very happy with my Pixels.

One of the other things I didn't see mentioned in this thread was the ability to shoot pictures in RAW. IMO, it's a huge benefit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread