Anonymous take down Department of Justice, RIAA, MPAA, Universal Music

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Anonymous take down Department of Justice, RIAA, MPAA, Universal Music - SlashGear

Earlier today the sites Megaupload and Megavideo were shut down by ICE, a federal group responsible for working with and shutting down groups that pirate media illegally – in retaliation the hacker collective known as Anonymous have shut down the RIAA, the MPAA, Universal Music, and the United States Government site Justice.org, belonging to the Department of Justice. These hits have been confirmed by several anonymously run “official” Anonymous sources such as twitter accounts @Anonops, @AnonymousIRC, and @YourAnonNews, and were likely planned in advance. As a bit of an extra jab after the biggest sites in this situation were downed, Anonymous noted that they should simply say, “for #SOPA supporters their#SOPAblackout is today.”

You can check for yourself with several sites that check the network status of sites, RIAA.ORG is down for the count, Justice.org is no longer, http://universalmusic.com is nowhere to be seen, and the Motion Picture Association of America will be showing no films at the moment. Each of these groups had a part in knocking out Megaupload and certainly had a say in not only SOPA but PIPA as well. For those of you that don’t know, both bills are being heavily reconsidered now due to the massive dissent seen yesterday during the blackouts.

What this appears very much to be is the solidification of the internetization of justice on a grand scale. As AnonDaily reports, Anonymous has taken down 10 sites in 20 minutes and this is therefor the “Largest On Scale Attack Ever” by the group. We’ll see where this leads us in regards to fair sharing and trading of ideas on the internet from here on out, a place where hackers take command of the internet with their ability to knock out any website, no matter who runs it, in no time flat.

Just the tip. Even if only one of the two bills goes into play, the government can kiss their servers goodbye.

On another note: WTF MEGAVIDEO DIED!!!:fm::fm::fm::fm:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Cyber terrorism is retarded, pointless and actually inflicts damage to a lot of innocent people, just like real life terrorism. So, I don't agree with the attacks. It's a stupid way of getting back. Anon is just a huge group of attention whore nerds.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
yea I have never been a fan of anonymous, especially because everything we do now a days is integrated into the system. what that group did is just a show of force of what they can really do and thats absolutely cripple the world...theres other ways to protest without doing damage...very scary...oh and screw SOPA and PIPA!!!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
83ef3f05-cb85-fa1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone. Grammar Nazis take pity on me.

roushcobra2003

Established Member
This is a good read.

I hope SOPA passes.

I think this will have a bigger impact. Take away the money.

So for 2012 I'm Boycott all media for the rest of the year.

As far as purchases go No movies. No TV. No cable. No newspapers. No videogames. No music. No books.

Cut all of them off 100%. We don't need this stuff. The problem is that we think we need it and keep giving money to these assholes.

Who's with me?

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
This is a good read.

I hope SOPA passes.

I think this will have a bigger impact. Take away the money.

So for 2012 I'm Boycott all media for the rest of the year.

As far as purchases go No movies. No TV. No cable. No newspapers. No videogames. No music. No books.

Cut all of them off 100%. We don't need this stuff. The problem is that we think we need it and keep giving money to these assholes.

Who's with me?

I haven't bought any of those in ~15 years anyway lul.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Pretty soon the guys who are in charged of the RIAA, MPAA, and behind taking down all of this shit will have a bulls eye on their back.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Sweet. Rock on Anon, rock on.

Next Google should block any sites or corporations that support SOPA and PIPA from showing up in search results and instead replace those results with a black line. When the Govt tells google "you cant do that" they just go "yeah, sucks doesnt it ?"

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
sweet. Rock on anon, rock on.

Next google should block any sites or corporations that support sopa and pipa from showing up in search results and instead replace those results with a black line. When the govt tells google "you cant do that" they just go "yeah, sucks doesnt it ?"

+65,000 +1

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

Next Google should block any sites or corporations that support SOPA and PIPA from showing up in search results and instead replace those results with a black line. When the Govt tells google "you cant do that" they just go "yeah, sucks doesnt it ?"

Best idea I've heard so far. That would be awesome if they did it.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Tbh go anon.. they sure have changed and showed that encrytion is easier to crack than it used to be. Glad they are using the new algorithms they were talking about and glad they worked flawlessly.. all I can say now is this wasn't really planned out but they have been monitering the shut down of megaupload and were just waiting for something to happen.. sopa will not pass... let's just say a few more things are being monitered by anon and anon is waiting for someone to be stupid... do you really think these site were that hard to shut down? I know they have access to servers that control power and t.v. they have been "testing" by putting subliminal messages into adds lately and so far no flags have been raised(tinfoil hats people)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Kiohtee

Established Member
Tbh go anon.. they sure have changed and showed that encrytion is easier to crack than it used to be. Glad they are using the new algorithms they were talking about and glad they worked flawlessly.. all I can say now is this wasn't really planned out but they have been monitering the shut down of megaupload and were just waiting for something to happen.. sopa will not pass... let's just say a few more things are being monitered by anon and anon is waiting for someone to be stupid... do you really think these site were that hard to shut down? I know they have access to servers that control power and t.v. they have been "testing" by putting subliminal messages into adds lately and so far no flags have been raised(tinfoil hats people)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

With that kind of information, you know you gotta share sources.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

sig worthy right thur!!!!

texaswrx

Established Member
I thought this was in retaliation for shutting down Megaupload? That was one of, if not the best sites, for legitimate files and otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread