• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Another Accident Thread :(

Discussion in 'SN95 Cobras' started by 850SNCobra, Feb 12, 2019.

1. 850SNCobra

850SNCobra Member Established Member

Well fellas it's been about a week but man am I still pissed.

An delivery driver decided to try and pull a U-turn from the far right lane across 4 other lanes and ****ing took me out. When I say took me out, he ****ing Pit Maneuvered my ass just like the cops do. I'm not hurt too bad, chiropractor diagnosed me with something yesterday can't remember the exact diagnosis but I have to go to see them 3 times a week for 3 months.

Now the damage to the Cobra doesn't seem that bad but, I personally feel there might be more than just body damage, car does seem to drive fine though. Impact was on the passenger rear quarter starting by the gas lid and extends all the way to the bumper. Bumper on the rear passenger side is hanging off, looks like shit. What I didn't notice initially when the appraisal guy came was how my windows now seem to have a slight gap where the windows meet with the rear quarter window seal. I am really hoping this isn't some indication of frame damage, I did have the top down too when the accident occurred, what really has me upset is the cops didn't cite him for the illegal u-turn. If I hadn't mashed the gas and swerved when I did, well I guess I would've found out if my styling bar is just for looks LOL. The appraisal people right now say damages are around $2200

I was extremely close to taking this guy out, I'm kinda glad I didn't but part of me thinks it would have been so worth it seeing as they didn't even give the jackass a ticket. Another thing that makes this frustrating is that I literally just got a new rear bumper and got the drivers side rear quarter fixed less than a year ago from another crappy driver backing right into the Cobra. Last time the shop had trouble finding a replacement Cobra bumper, I hope to god this isn't an issue this time around.

Sorry for the novel but rant over/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 8:58 AM
  2. 98 svt

98 svt Well-Known Member Established Member

Damn man sorry to hear. Glad you are ok though. You can always find a new car if need be.
    Any pictures of the car?

850SNCobra likes this.
  3. Tillerman77

Tillerman77 Active Member Established Member

Glad you are basically OK - still sucks though for you and the car. Best of luck!

850SNCobra likes this.
  4. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

Glad you're OK. Stay on top of the repair shop and the insurance company. Over the summer my daughter drove over the front of my Mustang with her Jeep. It took a few weeks of arguing to get what I needed to properly repair my car.

The insurance company was determined to use salvaged parts, have the car repaired in 7 day, and only pay $1500. I ended up bringing my attorney with me to meet with the adjusters.

My car did not drive well. It pulled to the right. Suspension damage was repaired. 3/4 of the car was repaired and repainted.

The shop had my car for about 2 months, and I stopped in to check on it every couple days.

Everything is perfect again.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

850SNCobra and brucesvt like this.
  5. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby RLFDSA - LOL Established Member

Sorry to hear - that sucks. Can they still issue a ticket to the guy? Seems like a no-brainer. Good that you’re seeing a chiro - heal up and get that car fixed better than new.

850SNCobra likes this.
  6. brucesvt

brucesvt Well-Known Member Established Member

Damn sorry to hear glad you’re ok

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

850SNCobra likes this.
  7. Goose17

Goose17 SVT collector nut Established Member

Well, that stinks... sorry to see this.

Turn the bad into good and use the opportunity to mod or improve your car to make it even better than before.

Tillerman77, 850SNCobra and Revvv like this.
  8. 850SNCobra

Thanks guys, and yes I'll definitely try to wiggle in some upgrades and fix things that were bothering me like getting that passenger taillight housing re-painted.

Here's a few pics of the damage:

32140551417_daa3f991b8_c.jpg
    32140551397_c6cbdc4824_c.jpg
    32140551337_35962679c7_c.jpg

9. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

850SNCobra likes this.
  10. 850SNCobra

Exactly. Doesn't look too bad but it hurts me to my soul to see the ol' Cobra like this.