• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Another ban coming?

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by ssj4sadie, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Makobra

Makobra Well-Known Member Established Member

you are wrong and the fact that you've "not have to deal with the nightmare that is addiction" doesn't bolster your claims any.

respectfully, you're arguing from a position of not knowing and i'm arguing from a position of knowing. you are woefully incorrect in this matter.

Corbic likes this.
  2. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Dealing with addicts is easy. You cut your losses and move on.

Vaping is not the problem and I don't need the Government telling what I shouldn't do.

By your logic, Government should just chain people down to make sure they can't get in trouble or hurt.

Why no outrage for the real killer... ****ing suger and processed food....

Food addiction bruh, food addiction.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    blk02edge likes this.
  3. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

The flavored vape isn't aimed at you, although you may enjoy it. It is aimed at minors, and that is a problem.

lOOKnGO likes this.
  4. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Premium Member Established Member

You probably believe that video games are responsible for mass shootings and the answer is to ban weapons....

5. Weather Man

Nope, but I do believe the vape companies want to make money the same way tobacco companies want to make money when they KNOW 50% of their customers will die from using it.

6. Weather Man

Holy cow! Just did a quick search on flavored vape and it is the freaking wild west all over again. Fluids, packaging and all ready for the home boy wanting to cook up, package and sell. No wonder the kids started dropping like fly's. That kid they took down in WI is the tip of the iceberg. How ironic, the mainline companies ****ed up the ass by home cookers. Be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

7. Makobra

turns out you can drink bleach and snort comet if you want. maybe we should regulate that to protect the children too.
    oh tide pods, they should be regulated to use more bland colors while we're at it.

8. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Established Member

Do adults not like sweet tasting things?
    OK, so you have no idea what you are talking about.

9. Weather Man

Adults versus minor.

Did not know the vape aftermarket had exploded to the extent it has. I thought it was still mainly aimed at getting people off cigs, clearly not the case anymore.

10. Weather Man

Well that was a profound observation.

jeffh81 likes this.
  11. Weather Man

-hvxhg1RNKBMfwPXliaEZKRtZ8jN0aD3x_QV-Gyrjs0Z6CUB_k1jmSM7wYvFB2a1GLy5z0pQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

jeffh81 likes this.
  12. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I don't need the governments help with raising my kids.

Makobra likes this.
  13. Makobra

what i've noticed is that most people feel that way but are so arrogant and maybe even racist at times to think that SOME PEOPLE are not capable of raising children properly. I refuse to treat adults like children by pretending that most people can't do what ought to be done. its patronizing and insulting at best. pure manipulative bullshit at worst.

14. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I've seen good and bad kids of all races. When we see kids acting in a way that we consider unacceptable we point it out to the kids and explain to them what their consequences would be if that acted that way.

15. CV355

CV355 Well-Known Member Established Member

It probably wasn't much of a problem until these electric-fedora-suckers decided to increase the output 100x to leave clouds in restaurants and public places. Then, they get all butthurt when the establishment, which was tolerant of eCigs and small vapes, go "hey, you can't leave friggin' clouds in here around customers" and ban vaping.

BUHHH BUHHH Buh it's MY RIGHT to leave bubble-gum smelling clouds, nobody should be offended by breathing my visible lung expulsion!!!

I mean come on, who hasn't been in traffic, saw a cloud come out of some fool's car and gone "wow, what a loser."

And now let's add to it. These geniuses decide to start making their own vape-juice and "mods" like they're some kind of basement chemist/scientist. They get hurt while doing so, because they're friggin' stupid, and of course what was once a generally/socially acceptable alternative to smoking is now deemed as an asshole-hobby. Know who else does that? Meth heads.

8-10 years ago when vaping started getting popular, I used to say "hey, if it is helping people quit smoking and doesn't stink like ash-tray, I'm all for people doing it." When these mobile-cloud-makers started filling their lungs to max capacity, I said "just a matter of time until people get pneumonia, or their vapes explode in their faces like little claymores."

Yep. Nice job, people. This is also why fireworks are illegal in many states. Does that mean I support banning it? No. I say let these freaks nuke their lungs, but just like with smoking, I believe smokers shouldn't be covered by medical insurance. And people who ride motorcycles without helmets, sorry you squids shouldn't be covered either. We shouldn't socialize stupidity into being acceptable.

Instead of nannying everything, what will fix this country is making consequences actually hurt. Wrapping everything with bubblewrap and then wondering why people run head-first into walls isn't exactly strategic thinking.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  16. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Well-Known Member Established Member

I would much rather be around someone who is Vaping cause there is zero smell of a disgusting cigarette. Cigarettes are ****ing disgusting and not interested in having my lungs polluted with cancer from the burning cigarette!

Vaping doesn't burn anything when not used so it doesnt bother anyone else who is around them as far as smell or ingesting cancer into ur lungs unwillingly! A vape vaporizes the ingredients so there is no harmful chemicals coming out unlike a disgusting cigarette! If u simply dont like Vape smoke around I would say get over it..... there is no "Second hand smoke" with a Vaporizer.

17. CV355

Dude, you're back? Maybe I missed something, havent seen you on here forever.

And I agree, if people are doing the little vape pens or eCigs and it leaves a tiny little puff, whatever. At least they aren't smoking. It's the ones that are obnoxious about it that ruin it for everyone else. Same with virtually everything. All it takes is a couple of idiots and something you enjoy is now banned. I don't vape, never have, but I still see it as a viable means to help people quit smoking if they are responsible with it.

18. earico

earico It's 4:20 somewhere... Premium Member Established Member

Vaping in general is not the problem. We already know nicotine is an addictive substance. These kids are using these Juuls and other concentrated nicotine products that have hit the market in the past few years. Google "nicotine salts". These kids using these concentrates drive their tolerances up and then all the sudden they need more and more. Now we are seeing the end results. IMO something that we already know is addictive shouldn't be allowed to be sold in a concentrate.

I hope some good comes of this and the FDA steps in and starts setting some regulations on the content of these vape fluids.

19. CV355

Lack of self-control, responsibility, and accountability is the problem. Apply that to virtually anything in this day and age.

TaraFirma likes this.
  20. earico

earico It's 4:20 somewhere... Premium Member Established Member

I completely agree but where do you draw the line?

I'm sick of this the government shouldn't be dictating what I can do easy out argument. Fine then. Let's remove the minimum drinking age, make all drugs 100% legal, make all machine guns legal everyone, legalize prostitution, and revert back to everything else like it was during the 1800s wild west.

mysticsvt and CV355 like this.