• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Another ban coming?

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by ssj4sadie, Sep 13, 2019.

1. CV355

CV355 Well-Known Member Established Member

Being totally honest here. I don't know. I think it is one of those situations where there is no "perfect" solution. You can't regulate stupidity or they accuse you of eugenics.

And, well said. I agree with you.

Solution to gun violence: Stop shooting each other
    Solution to drug-related deaths: Stop using drugs
    Solution to prostitution: Don't be a prostitute

Anything but those solutions is less than ideal, and we all know it's impossible to make humanity just wake up and go "oh, my bad" and change. Democrats seem to think it will work, but entire continents prove them wrong.

jeffh81 and earico like this.
  2. CV355

[double post... WHY does this keep happening]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  3. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Don't threaten me with a good time!

4. CV355

giphy.gif

jeffh81, earico and Stanley like this.
  5. Makobra

Makobra Well-Known Member Established Member

first, the wild west was pretty boring
    second, yes 100% absolutely. regulating people is not the function of government. the function of government is to punish and reward. the federal government isn't my daddy or yours. all you get by regulating stupid behavior is more stupidity.

these are local ordinance issues if anything.

6. earico

earico It's 4:20 somewhere... Premium Member Established Member

When one of the stupid kills one of your beloved family let's see how you feel about regulations then. For example say some drunk or high while driving assshat that runs your kid over while they are playing in your driveway.

I'll admit there is a side effect to keeping the stupid from doing stupid. They don't end up in the system and then they produce 6-10 kids of which most end up just like their parents. However, zero regulation is not the answer. History has proven this.

7. PIPO

PIPO Active Member Established Member

He used to be a democrat so...

8. Makobra

well that won't happen because there are drunk driving and countless other traffic regulations, right?

oh, are you saying those existing regulations are pointless and do not actually protect my children?
    well if you ARE saying that (and you have to be) and since that hasn't happened how do you explain that not happening ever?

here's my explanation: while depraved most people are decent souls that at the minimum submit to peer pressure. most people don't do the thing you described because most people aren't douchebags.

in general my feelings do not steer my moral compass because that is not what feelings are for. that is what judgement is for. emotions only muddy the waters, they cannot create clarity. they are for motivations not conclusions.

9. earico

Not saying that AT ALL. I'm sarcastically saying the exact opposite. If you follow my responses like a conversation you can see that.

10. Makobra

oh my bad, then we agree that regulations like this are pointless. sarcasm is hard to detect through text.

11. earico

I entered this thread on page 3 and it's obvious you didn't read my posts there. I support some regulations but not all.

12. Makobra

how do you determine which are good and which are bad?

13. earico

There lies the challenge. As I asked @CV355 where do you draw the line?

We elect people into office that are supposed to represent our wants but as we all know they don't always cast their votes to what their districts want. I do not like big government but at the same time some regulation is req'd whether we agree with it or not.

Let's go back to the Juul thing for instance. I can give AF if it's banned or not as it won't effect me or my family since we don't use it. My daughter does have acquaintances in high school that are absolutely addicted to the things. All these kids have one thing in common....shitty parents. So would you just let these kids Darwin on out of this world (die)? I mean it's not our problem.

14. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

You should be able to kill yourself slowly if you want, provided you pay for your medicare out of your own pocket not my insurance premiums.

CV355 and bglf83 like this.
  15. Makobra

here's the thing. banning something COSTS us. we pay for that enforcement. we pay for the black market it creates. we pay for the criminals it creates. we PAY. so here's where I draw the line: justice. if it isn't real justice the government shouldn't be doing it. that means enforcing the border and punishing real crimes like murder, theft, rape, etc.

when we get the govt to clean up after shitty parents it COSTS us ALL.

16. CV355

You can only let Darwinism do its thing if the system stops rewarding stupid.

17. mysticsvt

mysticsvt southernmustangandford Premium Member Established Member

Some would say it's infringing upon your rights. But let's be honest, what good does vaping do? What good does smoking cigarettes do? Now what's the harm of them? One is more dangerous, sure...but the right to do either is equal. The only reason cigarettes have not been banned is MONEY. I'd call it saving you from yourself...more than infringing on your rights to be an idiot. Either way I don't really care. The losers are the one smokers who set the example for their kids while telling them to never do it.

18. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Yes

19. earico

I get it and our government is very wasteful. I can honestly see both sides. I'd much rather spend the money trying to improve the lives of kids that are actual citizens though.

20. Makobra

This is how we stop the insanity: we combine your first thought with your second and stop supporting the government doing anything like that while doing things like that on your own.