Another "How much will it make" thread

GBCoyote

Established Member
Have a friendly battle forthcoming with a guy running a 9.8 in the 1/4 with someone else driving his car. I'm currently running a 13' base auto with 3.15 gears. Paxton 2200 with 3.8 and 8-rib setup, full exhaust, Boss IM. Fuel system is about to go in with intentions of running E85 full time since it's a weekend car.

Should I be running a torque booster setup to achieve the power levels I need with the E85 combo? I have a 3.6 pulley laying around for it.

I've done some weight reduction here and there and shed a few lbs off the base model weight. I'll also be putting on a DSS driveshaft and possibly tubular bumper supports as well (yes ii know i should not do this). Just looking for some experience from you all with much more hands-on than me with similar setups. I figured I would be nearing the 700whp mark correct?

Last edited:

kdaly

Established Member
Have a friendly battle forthcoming with a guy running a 9.8 in the 1/4 with someone else driving his car. I'm currently running a 13' base auto with 3.15 gears. Paxton 2200 with 3.8 and 8-rib setup, full exhaust, Boss IM. Fuel system is about to go in with intentions of running E85 full time since it's a weekend car.

Should I be running a torque booster setup to achieve the power levels I need with the E85 combo? I have a 3.6 pulley laying around for it.

I've done some weight reduction here and there and shed a few lbs off the base model weight. I'll also be putting on a DSS driveshaft and possibly tubular bumper supports as well (yes ii know i should not do this). Just looking for some experience from you all with much more hands-on than me with similar setups. I figured I would be nearing the 700whp mark correct?

you are probably at 630+/-whp or so right now. Always go TQ Booster. E85 you'll get 700whp. Put that DSS in now or you'll have problems. I wouldnt test it. Its gonna be a bad day when it shits the bed. But an auto is def easier on it.

mhyjek

Established Member
tq booster, driveshaft, E85, and make sure the tune is spot on for power plus shift points. What has the car run the way it sits? If it's weekend car rear seat delete and passenger seat removal will get some weight off and if all good should put you in mid 9's

GBCoyote

Established Member
The car isn't driven on the track so I'm unsure what it runs. It's already got a rear seat delete and corbeau seats in it. Lund does my tuning and he did a great job as it sits, no complaints. I would like to be able to run as close to a 9.9 as possible. He wants to roll race me for some reason so I have that advantage. He's in a 4200lb G8.

mhyjek

Established Member
The car isn't driven on the track so I'm unsure what it runs. It's already got a rear seat delete and corbeau seats in it. Lund does my tuning and he did a great job as it sits, no complaints. I would like to be able to run as close to a 9.9 as possible. He wants to roll race me for some reason so I have that advantage. He's in a 4200lb G8.
With Tq booster lund did logs and retune with me but he also was trying out a new version of a tune which I believe what he uses now I would check in with them to make sure you don't have to update tune. The TQ booster changed my car dramatically before I was trapping 130-131 with 2200 sl magnum trans 2.66 1st gear very tall at 11.0-2 after TQ booster 10.6-7 135-137 traps. I had methanol and car ran better the hotter ambient temps. Since sold and the guy who has it changed to slicks vs drag radials which I launched at 2500 or so best 60 for me was 1.67 now he rips a 1.4-5 and ran 10.2 at 138 so with your setup should be deeper into 9's my car was premium only weight reduction was driveshaft lol and always ran with full tank and I weight 215 so the car was heavy.

GBCoyote

Established Member
With Tq booster lund did logs and retune with me but he also was trying out a new version of a tune which I believe what he uses now I would check in with them to make sure you don't have to update tune. The TQ booster changed my car dramatically before I was trapping 130-131 with 2200 sl magnum trans 2.66 1st gear very tall at 11.0-2 after TQ booster 10.6-7 135-137 traps. I had methanol and car ran better the hotter ambient temps. Since sold and the guy who has it changed to slicks vs drag radials which I launched at 2500 or so best 60 for me was 1.67 now he rips a 1.4-5 and ran 10.2 at 138 so with your setup should be deeper into 9's my car was premium only weight reduction was driveshaft lol and always ran with full tank and I weight 215 so the car was heavy.

Thanks for your experience. I appreciate the input.

Users who are viewing this thread