Another Longtube Thread....

bigred2013

Established Member
Best Longtubes/X combo for the '11-'14 GT?

Looking like Stainless Works is my best option! Never really heard any fitment issue horror stories out of those!

At the price, the American Racing & Kooks headers are a little out of my range right now!

I've heard to many issues with fitment on the Pypes/BBK Headers. Unless that's old new by now. Steering shaft clearance issues, welds breaking. Etc.

Anyone got input on the JBA Longtubes/X?

Have a couple friends running them with no issues. But. For $750. I wonder if I should spend $150 more for SW headers and know their quality.

And last but not least, Bassani. Anyone run their setup? Headers alone are around $975 from JPC which is the only place I see them listed? Can't even find a matching shorty X.

Anyone's input, whether it's for a brand or against it, is appreciated!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Best Longtubes/X combo for the '11-'14 GT?

Looking like Stainless Works is my best option! Never really heard any fitment issue horror stories out of those!

At the price, the American Racing & Kooks headers are a little out of my range right now!

I've heard to many issues with fitment on the Pypes/BBK Headers. Unless that's old new by now. Steering shaft clearance issues, welds breaking. Etc.

Anyone got input on the JBA Longtubes/X?

Have a couple friends running them with no issues. But. For $750. I wonder if I should spend $150 more for SW headers and know their quality.

And last but not least, Bassani. Anyone run their setup? Headers alone are around $975 from JPC which is the only place I see them listed? Can't even find a matching shorty X.

Anyone's input, whether it's for a brand or against it, is appreciated!

We can set you up with a great deal on any of the long tubes and x pipes. Send me a PM with which ones you are leaning too and I can get you pricing.

-Thomas

Nuar

Established Member
Oh snap, our man putting in some labor already! :)

Def. Give beefcake racing a call on pricing. I like my ARH and when I bought mine, sw and arh were priced pretty much identical.
MAKE SURE you have the o2 sensor bungs relocated a little BEFORE you instal the headers to, save yourself a lot of headaches with your front wideband o2 sensors.

redline5.0

Established Member
Why would I need to have them relocated

If you want to run e85 you need to have the o2 sensors relocated or you will be replacing them on the regular. If it was me I would hit up beefcake because they gave me a great deal on the kooks which don't have to be relocated.

CSG

Established Member
Quite a few threads on fitment issues with SW. I have no experience with them but my AR from Terry fit great.

redline5.0

Established Member
Its not just e85.
I replaced my sensors a few times already and my car never even ran e85.

You must have some shity watered down gas lol. I only laugh because this Toyota pulled out in front me on and floored it and I swear a gallon of water came out the pipes.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
That is just condensation in the pipes man. It happens mostly on a cold engine.
similar to taking a hot shower on a winter snowy day, where you get a ton of condensation on the windows.
That is why the sensors pop. Water gets on the tip of the sensor. At least that's the theory.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
We can set you up with a great deal on any of the long tubes and x pipes. Send me a PM with which ones you are leaning too and I can get you pricing.

-Thomas

Nothing like helping with his question by telling him to PM you so you can give him pricing. Sorry just a little tired of seeing the Beefcake canned response in nearly every thread where someone asks for advice and now two new members of the Beefcake team to further promote "PM me for pricing" replies to most threads. How about answering him or giving advice and telling him he can PM you for great pricing?

To the OP - I have SW on my car and they're great. I also know a Camaro SS owner who used their low end Stainless Power headers, and they went on with no problem for about half the price. I know our cars are tough and not Camaro's but the quality of the SP looked pretty good.

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
If you want to run e85 you need to have the o2 sensors relocated or you will be replacing them on the regular. If it was me I would hit up beefcake because they gave me a great deal on the kooks which don't have to be relocated.

Wrong, Ive been running e85 for awhile now- year and a half no issues.

bigred2013

Established Member
Question. If I do buy a set, and do have them relocated, I know I will have to cap the original bungs off, could one be used to install an Innovate D2 wideband AF gauge? My car's track pack base.

whooshified

Established Member
does anybody have longtubes from cp-e?
Mine are delivering tonight!

1 7/8 primary
off-road x-pipe
over the axle pipes and axle back w/black tips!!!!

CSG

Established Member
Question. If I do buy a set, and do have them relocated, I know I will have to cap the original bungs off, could one be used to install an Innovate D2 wideband AF gauge? My car's track pack base.

YEP, My LM-1 in installed right now.

Users who are viewing this thread