Another mass shooting

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Theyhave armed security. The more expensive the school gets, the better the security gets.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

But you don’t even hear of attempts of anything at schools where these kids go.

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Once these 911 phone calls from inside inevitably leak, tears will be shed and while some may seek vengeance, it ultimately will severely errode the trust between police and people.
And in this case all the officials from the Texas governor down who had gone on the reccord with incorrect information are now in the position that opposition politicians with a wedge and hammer in hand will try to damnedest to exploit it to the fullest.
I hate conspiracy but it would be preferable to know it was intentional and not utter incompetence.

As for the parents, I'm sure most would not have given a 2nd thought of giving their lives to save their child's. Even just as an Uncle I'd not hesitate to give my life trying to save my nieces or nephews even if it meant I'd be injured and just suffer the rest of my life, it'd be far less than trying to live after doing nothing and hearing it could have made a difference.

The parents and cops should have worked together to stop this shithead. That's how small towns work.
You cannot stop the parents, work with them. He's pinned in a room, keep him distracted as parents get the other children clear... hindsight is 20/20 but use what you have against a common goal.

I see little good coming from this, unless you want to undermine trust between law enforcement and citizens or overthrow a state government, or try and attack gun owners and the 2nd amendment. Essentially sow distrust and discontent.

I just pray for everyone, as I think more will die from this. From suicide, to substance abuse. Those children walked barefoot though hell, and while they live, the kids that went to school that morning are gone. They had to grow up too fast.
Parents are going though hell as well. The feeling of being powerless is acid to a soul.

Sent from my S22 Ultra using Tapatalk

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
He makes a lot of great points but he is a bit biased as he is VERY pro police. There is some key points that he is missing, such as the 911 calls happening and pleading for help from would be victims, indicating that this was indeed an active shooter situation still, as well as the director of the TX DPS, acknowledging that serious errors were made.

Im not saying he is wrong on everything, I like Tatum, I do think he got a little carried away with emotion because of the nature of the crime.

I do agree that there was a few heroes, but also think that plenty others were cowards. All in all their operation was a disgrace.
There seems to be plenty of bias and emotion in this thread.

Since you feel most of the cops were cowards and completely screwed this up, based on your experience/expertise, what would you have done?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The parents and cops should have worked together to stop this shithead. That's how small towns work.
You cannot stop the parents, work with them. He's pinned in a room, keep him distracted as parents get the other children clear...

Isn't that what actually happened? After watching the original press conference that someone on here posted, it would seem that is pretty much what happened.
19 officers were on the other side of those two classroom doors, while other officers were getting the kids out of all the other rooms.
That's what was said, anyway.

They also claim they used a key to open the doors though? That just doesn't sound right though. "Hold on shooter, let me just fumble with this key so we can come inside." That just doesn't sound right to me.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Isn't that what actually happened? After watching the original press conference that someone on here posted, it would seem that is pretty much what happened.
19 officers were on the other side of those two classroom doors, while other officers were getting the kids out of all the other rooms.
That's what was said, anyway.

They also claim they used a key to open the doors though? That just doesn't sound right though. "Hold on shooter, let me just fumble with this key so we can come inside." That just doesn't sound right to me.
That's what I heard. They had to get the keys from the janitor. Not really what one would think breaching the door would be like, but breach sounds much more dramatic. What a cluster ****.....Bidens America.

Morgan

Established Member
That's what I heard. They had to get the keys from the janitor. Not really what one would think breaching the door would be like, but breach sounds much more dramatic. What a cluster ****.....Bidens America.

Local Sheriff (Bexar county) has stated the doors opened outward; and therefore, a battering ram wouldn’t have been effective.

cobracide

Established Member
And then there is no way the door could be barracaded from inside which the cops were reporting earlier. So how do you have a barracaded shooter situation with an unbarracaded door that opens outward? You don't. Locked doors are easily rigged and breached with small explosives all the time by cops.

MG0h3

Established Member
And then there is no way the door could be barracaded from inside which the cops were reporting earlier. So how do you have a barracaded shooter situation with an unbarracaded door that opens outward? You don't. Locked doors are easily rigged and breached with small explosives all the time by cops.

Barricaded is used when you can’t gain access to the subject. Just a term.

There is so much bad/incorrect info about this being thrown around it’s unbelievable.

One wrong word and social media goes off the rails.

Buddy from WA state shared a post stating that the PA that was getting a haircut went in solo and took out the shooter with a shotgun.

The dude locked a steel security door that is built to withstand being forced open.

Regarding using explosives, you’re only going to see specialty units trained with that, and only a select few within that unit. If they waited for that, you’d be bitching even more.

cobracide

Established Member
You make the assumption that the local police (swat team and all where were they), the texas marshalls and the specialized border patrol unit all didnt have breaching devices capable of taking a locked door out. I find that very hard to believe.

And then we have the obvious solution "the key" that originally was said to retrieved from the principle and next it is said the janitor.

It has been reported that everyone was ready to go for at least 45 minutes being held back by the school security chief. That clown needs to be fired.

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
There seems to be plenty of bias and emotion in this thread.

Since you feel most of the cops were cowards and completely screwed this up, based on your experience/expertise, what would you have done?
Misdirection!

Police officers, whose job it was to stop the shooting, screwed up. Period. When the layman sees the gross negligence yet the police are in damage control mode, a lot is said.

MG0h3

Established Member
You make the assumption that the local police (swat team and all where were they), the texas marshalls and the specialized border patrol unit all didnt have breaching devices capable of taking a locked door out. I find that very hard to believe.

And then we have the obvious solution "the key" that originally was said to retrieved from the principle and next it is said the janitor.

It has been reported that everyone was ready to go for at least 45 minutes being held back by the school security chief. That clown needs to be fired.

If in fact that is the case RE the SD Chief, I agree. He wasn’t at the latest press conference which is pretty telling.

Once again, you don’t always have people trained/equipped in breaching available at unplanned events. You’ll see them at warrant service, like a no knock, that everyone in here bitches about.

If what I’ve read is accurate, they tried with a prybar and hammer and were unsuccessful. Hence having to wait for a key. No, that’s not a breaching tool as they are huge but again, very few carry those. Wouldn’t fit in anything but a pickup truck.

MG0h3

Established Member
Guess it's getting to a point we need to arm our children.

Time to make a special #2 pencil that can be thrown like a Chinese star.

Well we could start with the teachers following protocol and common sense, like leaving the security doors closed and locked, and locking their classroom doors.

MG0h3

Established Member
Misdirection!

Police officers, whose job it was to stop the shooting, screwed up. Period. When the layman sees the gross negligence yet the police are in damage control mode, a lot is said.

Let’s not ignore the first failure point once this event started, the teacher leaving the door open.

Second was leaving the classroom door open, which the shooter was able to lock, preventing entry.

Clearly the door worked as designed, but was used by the bad guy.

Not ignoring any mistakes the local PD made as I don’t know any of them so not sure what they were doing.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The name of the teacher needs to be made public and if the police and school district won't do it, try a FOIA. But but but..... the teacher (if he/she survived) will be met with threats and scrutiny. So?

Users who are viewing this thread