another new z06 gets snake bitten

wuplash

Established Member
well several months ago i came across one of the new z06 vettes parked in a lot and waited for the owner to come out and see if he wanted to play or not and tonight i had one wait on me to finish eating at a local sonic.he parked behind me in a parking lot and waited till i was leaving and as i came out onto the road he pulled out so he is in front.so we turn onto a main drag and go down the road,but a traffic light ahead starts to change and he goes thru between yellow and red and i have to stop.anyway as i finallly get going again i catch back up to him and he is going to make a turn onto a 6 lane road 3 lanes either direction,as we turn and go down the entrance ramp he gooses the z and i follow suit staying with him.i look ahead to the first traffic light and see the light is red with a car in the right lane,the z06 goes to the middle lane and i stay behind him,now the left lane was open and i could of gone there making us side by side at the light,but since this was a brand new z06 with the temp plate still on it i was not to sure how much fun he wanted.so we sit there and the light goes green he takes off with a little gusto and i was ready and let the bfg's do there work,he has shifted to 2nd gear and is giving her more throttle then a little more seeing if i was game i guess or to see if i could keep up then he gives it that final shove of throttle making me sense it is on.i'am in 2nd gear @ 3,500 rpms and try to push my foot thru the firewall and i'am staying with the z,so i then need to slide over to the left lane which is obviously clear at the speed we are going and i bang 3rd gear at 6,100 rpm's which by now i'am going by him and i grab 4th at 6,000 rpm's and let off as i see he has not long after i was going by in 3rd gear.he was obvioulsy wanting to race hince him waiting on me to leave sonic and the way he left the light when i was behind him.i know some will say no way i drove around a new z06,but i can only say what actually happend in this run in with the z.to top it off later on tonight i was told he had a cute girl with him,so there maybe one person on earth not getting any tonight:burnout:

04gtstang

Established Member
Nice kill!

How fast did you pass him? That will tell the tale, if he was racing or not. I wouldnt mind running into one myself....but I fear I may loose. They are VERY fast cars.

trey193

Established Member
Nice kill Jim , anything can happen on the street. That makes you 2 for 2 against the new Z06.

MustangThief

Established Member
Shoulda pulled up next to him :p

Nice "kill", but half-ass races are surefire ways for people who don't want to lose to stay happy. :()

I've taken out a C6 vette, but i've only even SEEN one Z06 around here, and it's been at the car lot for awhile, and no one is buying it. Lol

wuplash

Established Member
mustangkid05 said:
lame story dude lol, should of pulled in the left lane and raced him

nothing lame about it when he gives it the gas and is racy.if not wanting to play he should of drove like grandma on a sunny afternoon:burnout:

wuplash

Established Member
04gtstang said:
Nice kill!

How fast did you pass him? That will tell the tale, if he was racing or not. I wouldnt mind running into one myself....but I fear I may loose. They are VERY fast cars.

when i moved over into the left lane while in 2nd gear i was coming up his side slowly and when i grabbed for 3rd gear my rear bumper was just past the front of his z.

wuplash

Established Member
MustangThief said:
Shoulda pulled up next to him :p

Nice "kill", but half-ass races are surefire ways for people who don't want to lose to stay happy. :()

I've taken out a C6 vette, but i've only even SEEN one Z06 around here, and it's been at the car lot for awhile, and no one is buying it. Lol

don't know if he was not wanting to lose to stay happy or not,but it was a brand new z06 and i really would not blame the owner if he was doing that.brand new or not if the owner gives it enough throttle to play i'am going to try and sink the snakes fangs into it:-D

StangJason

Established Member
mustangkid05 said:
lame story dude lol, should of pulled in the left lane and raced him
+1

not a real race if you didn't race from the light...

Just the other day I was in my wife's 00 Camry and there was a ricer in an a horrible sounding V6 Mustang 94-98 revving his engine but he was behind me. So when the light turns green I give an aggressive push halfway to the floor then the Mustang is giving it full throttle behind me thinking he was going to pass me so I push it to the floor and he isn't gaining much ground so I let off at around the 55 mph and he rushes by me so now he thinks he beat me...oh well he probably would have but since we didn't line up side by side it's not really a race IMO.

wuplash

Established Member
StangJason said:
+1

not a real race if you didn't race from the light...

Just the other day I was in my wife's 00 Camry and there was a ricer in an a horrible sounding V6 Mustang 94-98 revving his engine but he was behind me. So when the light turns green I give an aggressive push halfway to the floor then the Mustang is giving it full throttle behind me thinking he was going to pass me so I push it to the floor and he isn't gaining much ground so I let off at around the 55 mph and he rushes by me so now he thinks he beat me...oh well he probably would have but since we didn't line up side by side it's not really a race IMO.

by giving your throttle an aggressive halfway push to the floor that is a race signal and is why the stang went after you.if not wanting a reaction for another vehicle behind you one should take off more normal.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I'm gonna say good fun, kill, and good luck next time. Pull up to him if you want to race, otherwise your just playing head games with the owner of a car that deserves some respect.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I'm guessing he was short shifting it because it was new. Cars with a lot more power than yours have gotten pulled by stock C6 Z06s. Sounds like you had fun though.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
uh.... lol.

Either he wasnt trying real hard, or it was the driver mod. I've been in lots of modded terminator's and have ridden shotgun in a new z06 with a whole pack of cobras (around 6 or so) and I must say I understand why it is such a bad ass car. The car is unbelievable.

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
wuplash said:
by giving your throttle an aggressive halfway push to the floor that is a race signal and is why the stang went after you.if not wanting a reaction for another vehicle behind you one should take off more normal.

The V6 Mustang behind me was revving continually I think at some other car but I think he was trying to ag on anything around him. If you felt half throttle in this car I was in you wouldn't have a clue I was being aggressive just to slow and smooth with it's power output (also may have a slight problem with fuel delivery right now not sure).

I don't doubt he could have beaten the car in the story but I do criticize the fact he wanted to race and didn't pull beside the car.

StangJason

Established Member
wuplash said:

The V6 Mustang behind me was revving continually I think at some other car but I think he was trying to ag on anything around him. If you felt half throttle in this car I was in you wouldn't have a clue I was being aggressive just to slow and smooth with it's power output (also may have a slight problem with fuel delivery right now not sure).

I don't doubt he could have beaten the car in the story but I do criticize the fact he wanted to race and didn't pull beside the car.

dirty bird

Cant afford a terminator!
Established Member
if his car ran an 11.6xx in a 1/4 than it could easily hang/beat a new zo6, especially with a new owner/driver of the car. the z06 is my favorite car but with an 11.6 in a 1/4, thats relatively even with a stock z06.
Btw wuplash, is your car red, if so ive seen it and it is badass. im from hendo.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Trick Pony said:
I'm guessing he was short shifting it because it was new. Cars with a lot more power than yours have gotten pulled by stock C6 Z06s. Sounds like you had fun though.

i agree...i make more power than the OP and i got no lube ass raped by my friends stock C6Z

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Trick Pony said:

His quarter mile time would put him in Z06 neighborhood.

Good run either way.

That C6 Z06 is becoming quite a benchmark in the performance world.

Users who are viewing this thread