Another potentially crippling storm coming to the North East

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
The 12Z Euro continues to spell trouble next Wednesday/Thursday, showing a more powerful storm than its previous runs and directly impacting areas hit from Sandy. The GFS and Euro have both been consistent with a coastal storm existing somewhere but have only recently started to show NJ impact. Model image reproduced with permission from WeatherBell Analytics, LLC

53465_10151294903208352_469175684_o.png

i really hope this isnt going to be as bad as they are predicting...

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
do you have any links to info about this? i tried looking stuff up and every search gets flooded with Sandy damages.

edit: pun not intended

REPCobra10

Established Member
I hope that it won't be as bad as they are predicting either, man. The people in the northeast don't need another bad storm right now...

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Where are you finding this info?

do you have any links to info about this? i tried looking stuff up and every search gets flooded with Sandy damages.

edit: pun not intended
severe nj weather on Facebook guys :beer:

I hope that it won't be as bad as they are predicting either, man. The people in the northeast don't need another bad storm right now...
Really we do NOT need another storm, they are saying snow is in the forecast... Like we need snow ontop of all the debris and possible missing persons.

Here's the blog of the meteorologist.

http://epawablogs.com/coastal-storm-brewing-next-week-first-snow-of-the-season/

Last edited:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
severe nj weather on Facebook guys :beer:

Thanks broseph!

yea hopefully this doesn't happen or atleast its weak. my parents are right next to AC in ventnor and still arent even allowed to go back on the island due to flooding/contaminated water. When my parents called the township to ask questions someone picked up and started talking to my mom and in the background someone flipped out and yelled to stop answering the phones and immediately hung up on my mom so it sounds like a real cluster ****.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. The Weather Channel website shows nothing in the Atlantic present or near future. As Tony is fizzling out in the Pacific, hopefully this projected storm shown above will not do us any damage either.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
What the hell is this, The Day After Tomorrow? The odds for two devastating storms in close proximity affecting the same area has to be pretty low.

I hope for everyone's sake that this meteorologist is wrong.

coposrv

Established Member
Hope this misses us. My cousin her husband and her newborn are without power in NJ. The damage seems pretty bad.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Whoa whoa whoa... the models are showing the POSSIBILITY for a nor'easter, a true nor'easter, not what we just had. What the models are showing is a standard storm with zero tropical origin. Water content on a storm like this is MUCH less than the storm we just had. Winds would also not even be comparable. While a nor'easter would not help recovery any, it would not hold a candle to Sandy.

keith89

Established Member
The 12Z Euro continues to spell trouble next Wednesday/Thursday, showing a more powerful storm than its previous runs and directly impacting areas hit from Sandy. The GFS and Euro have both been consistent with a coastal storm existing somewhere but have only recently started to show NJ impact. Model image reproduced with permission from WeatherBell Analytics, LLC

53465_10151294903208352_469175684_o.png

i really hope this isnt going to be as bad as they are predicting...

OP, how are things in Staten Island? I'm in Bensonhurst. Things are pretty bad about 15 min south of me (Coney Is, Sheepshead bay, etc). I work in the financial district. All the buildings were flooded and are closed until they can pump all the water out of the basements where the power and utilities reside. They're telling us at least 2 weeks and up to 2 months before we can go back.

Users who are viewing this thread