• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Another rattle thread 11GT

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by newponyowner, Dec 29, 2014.

1. newponyowner

newponyowner New Member Established Member

I posted a thread about this before but now I narrowed down the location of this noisy rattle when I start my car. I removed my rear seats and had a friend start the car with my ear to the back. The tapping / rattling noise is coming from directly under the middle of the rear seats, closer to the trunk. I think it might be the stock UCA/ UCM? Or could it be something in my differential? I think it is just the low idle on a cold start that is causing this to vibrate and make noise because after it warms up the noise is gone. I am changing out my UCA/UCM next week so hopefully that fixes it. Any ideas in case this is something different? Thanks!

2. oldbones

oldbones The blue bowtie Established Member

possibly exhaust hitting on the panhard brace

3. cantu756

cantu756 Member Established Member

Did you do anything to your exhaust prior to this? Delete resonators, change mid pipe, change muflers...Etc.

4. newponyowner

I noticed this noise right after adding Pypes LT headers and pypes catted H-pipe, but couldn't pinpoint it since I had an exhaust leak at the headers as well.
    Would the noise go away after only a few minutes if it was hitting the panhard brace?

5. Vert

Vert Member Established Member

I know on mine where the fuel line connects to the bracket under the trunk was rattling hitting the bottom of the spare tire well.

6. newponyowner

I checked again and I can actually feel the knocking with my hand when I have the seats out. Its going into the shop Friday. Ill update what we find. Thanks