Another rattle thread 11GT

newponyowner

Established Member
I posted a thread about this before but now I narrowed down the location of this noisy rattle when I start my car. I removed my rear seats and had a friend start the car with my ear to the back. The tapping / rattling noise is coming from directly under the middle of the rear seats, closer to the trunk. I think it might be the stock UCA/ UCM? Or could it be something in my differential? I think it is just the low idle on a cold start that is causing this to vibrate and make noise because after it warms up the noise is gone. I am changing out my UCA/UCM next week so hopefully that fixes it. Any ideas in case this is something different? Thanks!

newponyowner

Established Member
I noticed this noise right after adding Pypes LT headers and pypes catted H-pipe, but couldn't pinpoint it since I had an exhaust leak at the headers as well.
Would the noise go away after only a few minutes if it was hitting the panhard brace?

Vert

Established Member
I know on mine where the fuel line connects to the bracket under the trunk was rattling hitting the bottom of the spare tire well.

newponyowner

Established Member
I checked again and I can actually feel the knocking with my hand when I have the seats out. Its going into the shop Friday. Ill update what we find. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread