Another Six Figure 00R Sale

TFStang

Established Member
BaT just had another six figure 00R sale yesterday. $106K for a 7K mile 00R. Not too shabby. I still think this car is way undervalued. I bet the people that were thinking of selling a couple years ago, but held off are over the moon with the new found love these cars are getting. I wouldn't be surprised if these brought Boss 429 money some day.

Ke1130

Established Member
106k for an 7k mile 00r WITHOUT the black binder. Granted being from the Paul walker car collection adds value but I don’t think it negates the binder not coming with the car.

flattrack53

Established Member
Always Evolving had nothing to do with Paul Walker… A lot of people think so but it’s not true. 00r #114 was fro AE as well. The black binder was suppose to come with the car when it was purchased at Russo and Steele. Rodas was the one I dealt with and shortly after him and Walker were killed in the accident.

I’m glad to see this car brought 106k. I also tend to agree that these cars will keep rising. They will bring more than boss 429 money… But inflation and so many more things go into that conversation. Hopefully the new owner has some good unmodified seats.

Zemedici

Established Member
Always Evolving had nothing to do with Paul Walker… A lot of people think so but it’s not true. 00r #114 was fro AE as well. The black binder was suppose to come with the car when it was purchased at Russo and Steele. Rodas was the one I dealt with and shortly after him and Walker were killed in the accident.

I’m glad to see this car brought 106k. I also tend to agree that these cars will keep rising. They will bring more than boss 429 money… But inflation and so many more things go into that conversation. Hopefully the new owner has some good unmodified seats.

What

Paul Walker and Rodas (guy who was driving when he died) started the shop. Paul wore an AE shirt in FF

Says so right on their website lolol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely strong money. I love watching these '00R auctions. I'll never own one, but I will forever love them.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
My understanding, from buying a Mustang from Roger Rodas before their passing.... AE was a company that they set up to go racing and hold other assets like a car collection. Roger "owned" the mustangs, but they created a complicated web to, I assume, be as "tax friendly" as possible. The car I bought was titled in Montana. This complicated web took a long time, and court fights to figure out after their passing, and included reports that some cars mysteriously wound up with their manager.....

The seats were really interesting that someone would do that. I did not like that one bit. Otherwise looked like a nice car, the miles are nice, enables being able to drive it more, with out penalty.

TFStang

Established Member
Let’s see what the 500 mile 00R will do now. Any guesses? I think this one might get close to $150K.

David Isaacks

Established Member
As far as the seats..... it is now possible to have them re-done fairly close to OE specs. Here is a set i just had done

Attachments

• 20221014_161159.jpg
    20221014_161159.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220929_122348.jpg
    20220929_122348.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 20221014_161128.jpg
    20221014_161128.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 128

flattrack53

Established Member
What is "wrong" with with @specracer said? You're being a bit vague with your reply.

Sorry, I wasn’t responding to specracer. I was responding to the guys name that started with a z. Rodas was partners with one other guy. Paul shared his passion with cars and stored some of his cars there but he was not a founder.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Considering some 00R’s were overflated by ridiculous Dealer ADM’s at the time of sale, quite a few “must haves” paid in excess of $75k+ back in 2000 - that’s fact.

So for those who were able to buy a 00R in 2000 for MSRP (or less) and are still the original owner today, they are the ones now making out very well.

IMO, if someone paid in excess of MSRP or the $75k+ for one in 2000, selling it for $106k isn’t really a home run - not nearly 23 years later.

oregon87

Established Member
Some owners paid a LOT less than MSRP when the market bottomed out and are rightfully excited where the market currently is for these cars. Sure, we could discuss inflation, the value of the dollar in 2000 vs. whenever a car was purchased and RIO, etc. However, I think the idea is that the 00Rs are now viewed as a desirable/collectible with values on the rise.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Not that I’ll ever sell mine, but having owned it for almost 22 years, and for what I paid to get it back in ‘01, I’m probably the owner with the most $ appreciation of all the cars.

I paid $21,550 back in 2001 and the car had 1500 miles.

Legally I’m the third owner.

TFStang

Established Member
600 mile 00R just sold on BaT for $137,500. Not too shabby. How long before we see a $200K sale? I still think the 00R is way undervalued at current prices.

Users who are viewing this thread