Another update - motor is back in the car!!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
woo woo!! almost there...

05-11-07_1612.jpg

05-11-07_2355.jpg

just got to go pick up my coolant resivoir. I managed to crack the original one. Thanks to Steve at Tousley Ford for the hookup!! Saved me over $60!!!

Also need to go pick up some hose clamps and misc bolts. I've seemed to have lost quite a bit of those over the past year... ha ha. But pretty much all that is left is to put the coolant resivoir on, put the cooling hoses on, throw the transmission up, put the exhaust on (which might take a while cause my friend is welding heat shields on it to make it look likie i have cats), add fluids and start...

i'm getting excited.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
very nice. I know how you feel right now. Im in the process of selling my 98 and picking up a torch red 03 10th anniversery. I hope the deal goes through. Good luck and I hop you dont hit any snags. Post up pics and vids when shes all doctored up.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Red98CobraStang said:
Im in the process of selling my 98 and picking up a torch red 03 10th anniversery.

Damn bro. Why? :shrug:

What about the KB and all that?

freakshow12

Established Member
looks good. mine is just on its way out. to getthe trand out do you just pull the cross member and let the engine/trans come down to get the top bolts? thats my plan anyway.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah, you can do that. that's how most people do it.

I had a tremec 3550 in the car when it went down. So i pull the trans off, then have easy access to the top bolts on the bellhousing cause the bellhousing and trans are two different pieces.

I'm going back with a tremec TKO500 with a TKO600 input shaft (26spl)

freakshow12

Established Member
hey Doug. does the starter come out with the trans or do I gotta struggle to get it out first? also how in the hell do you get those top bell bolts out? I almost had a freaking siezure today trying LOL

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
freakshow12 said:
how in the hell do you get those top bell bolts out? I almost had a freaking siezure today trying LOL

2 feet woth of extensions, preferably a "wabbly" extension on the end.
You need to get it from the FRONT of the car. Through the K member.
Yes, it sucks.:lol1:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
for a stock transmission car, just unbolt the crossmember and let the transmission swing the engine down.

I don't have that problem. My bellhousing and transmission are two pieces. all but the bolt below the starter are easy to get to on my setup once the transmission is off..

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
does anyone know where this wire goes? I forgot to mark it. I assume its a ground...but i don't know where it attaches. The wires is a Dirty White, or Gray.

unkownwire.jpg

freakshow12

Established Member
yes it does. just under that cover that slides up with the pos batt cable. I just pulled mine off about 4 hrs ago.

and just to be clear, I DO have to pull the starter before the trans?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
very nice. I know how you feel right now. Im in the process of selling my 98 and picking up a torch red 03 10th anniversery. I hope the deal goes through. Good luck and I hop you dont hit any snags. Post up pics and vids when shes all doctored up.

I hate to be a dick but...got any thing to sell that I could use? :D

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
freakshow12 said:
yes it does. just under that cover that slides up with the pos batt cable. I just pulled mine off about 4 hrs ago.

and just to be clear, I DO have to pull the starter before the trans?

yes.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
and about that wire. I have a red cable going to the post on the side of the fuse box. But i didn't know if this one went there also cause its a white or gray cable.

It comes out of the main wiring harness if that helps...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
my voltameter says that there is no continuity with that wire and ground. a buddy said it goes with the red wire to the fuse box.

i really don't want to set my car on fire...

Users who are viewing this thread