2. Intake Elbow
3. AFe Stage II with Proguard 7 Intake
4. 3.5 inch Down pipe
5. 4 inch exhaust with muffler, but cat delete
6. 35x18 A/T tires and Rims
7. 4 inch Superlift suspension lift.
8. SCT XCal II with Custom tunes
9. BullyDog Outlook Monitor

I am looking to make some more power and really start to put a whooping on some higher tier rice burners (evo/sti) with the truck. I was thinking about doing a regulated return style fuel system like: http://ophion.site5.com/~dieselta/store/product_info.php?cPath=87&products_id=379 and then the EGR delete pipe from Elite Diesel:http://www.elitedieseleng.com/engine60egr.htm. Then hopefully I will upload the Extreme Race tune from Eric at Innovative Diesel and have him tune everything together.

I am planning on hopefully doing some studs further down the line, maybe the end of this year/Christmas sometime. The transmission is currently shifting great with the mods that I already have.

My question is: Are the mods that I plan on getting worth the money/a good next step for the truck? If so/no then why/why not and what would you do. Also price is an object for me because I am working with a budget here, I have college, books, fuel, insurance, truck payment etc...

Thanks for everyone's input and I appreciate the help.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Nate over at the org has a FASS already, and a regulated return that will be going on the night before the Cecil meet.

He runs water/meth injection, I'd atleast look into that if you want some spray power and it works good with stock injectors/turbo. Plus you can just use water injection for something like towing. Eric tunes Nates 6.0 pretty good with his water meth setup. Complete fuel system is just a supporting mod that'll be required the higher power IMO.

Nate ran a 13.4@100 on the meth on the stock fuel system with the gasket on the intake elbow blowing out half track or so.

If it was me, I'd get the studs before anything else, then I'd go with Injectors and a turbo. That's a lot of coin, but I'd think you'd need both in a combination to really take advantage.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Nate over at the org has a FASS already, and a regulated return that will be going on the night before the Cecil meet.

He runs water/meth injection, I'd atleast look into that if you want some spray power and it works good with stock injectors/turbo. Plus you can just use water injection for something like towing. Eric tunes Nates 6.0 pretty good with his water meth setup. Complete fuel system is just a supporting mod that'll be required the higher power IMO.

Nate ran a 13.4@100 on the meth on the stock fuel system with the gasket on the intake elbow blowing out half track or so.

If it was me, I'd get the studs before anything else, then I'd go with Injectors and a turbo. That's a lot of coin, but I'd think you'd need both in a combination to really take advantage.

Thanks for the info. I have heard rumors (and they may just be rumors) that water/meth burns up pistons/seals when used over a period of time. Is there any truth to this?

Yea I hear ya on the studs. I just can't wait to do something else to it. I am getting bored with it the way it is, I need more. It has been since last August that my last performance part was put on (the IC), I guess I am just getting an itchy trigger finger.

I believe it will be a while before a new turbo and injectors go in. My theory is you pretty much have to do them at the same time in order to get the benefits out of them, but that equals BIG MONEY.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
I've heard that too, but then just about anything will burn up pistons, seals, blow out rods lol

I don't know about the longevity methanol injection first hand, I can tell you he's has been running it for over a year as far as drag racing, dyno, maybe some street use?

I think I'd be more encouraged to do Water/Meth than Nitrous.

If I was you, I'd go turbo and injectors. That's what you really want and need and skip the spray power.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I've heard that too, but then just about anything will burn up pistons, seals, blow out rods lol

I don't know about the longevity methanol injection first hand, I can tell you he's has been running it for over a year as far as drag racing, dyno, maybe some street use?

I think I'd be more encouraged to do Water/Meth than Nitrous.

If I was you, I'd go turbo and injectors. That's what you really want and need and skip the spray power.

haha true. I think I will just hold off and do the studs/gaskets first before jumping into anything else. That way I will at least have the peace of mind knowing that stud/gasket/head failure will be taken care of (for the most part).

Did you hear about Matt at Spartan Diesel? He has a 6.4 that put down 490hp and 800+tq with just his tune and a dpf delete? Crazy stuff for sure with the new 6.4's.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
I've seen a few things about the 6.4 tunes, some good numbers.

I'd get the studs taken care of first before you get into any more power mods, I'd also take care of some type of EGR block, delete or whatever is best for a 6.0 so you don't have any puking issues if you haven't already

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Good deal. How big of a PITA is it to install a EGR delete pipe? I can't imagine that it would be easy.

Also I am on the hunt to find an ever elusive 03 10 vane turbo, so if know of where to pick on up or run into one, give me a shout.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Probably be best idea to do the EGR delete while the engine is out or cab is off for the head studs IMO.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
That is what I figured. Well I guess I should just hold off until I have the coin to dish out on studs and EGR delete pipe.

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
I can't remember the name of the company that makes it but you can get a chip to plug into the icp sensor, I can't remember but it might plug into the map sensor also, you can piggyback that chip with your programmer for some extra power, I have seen a few people do it on their 6.0's

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
That is pretty neat, I will have to look into that. I think before I add any more power I am going to do the studs and gaskets.

Users who are viewing this thread