Another wrecked 93' cobra

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I posted this car on my site WWW.1993cobra.com well over a month ago along with pics in the dead cobras gallery on the last page. This car was in the same city I live in, the car was hit by a dodge durrango. It was actually pretty rough car before the wreck. The insurance co. only paid 5400.00 for it, buy back was 1300.00, the owner wanted 2100.00 for it , I turned it down so he let the ins. co. have it. Then it went to auction and sold for 2900.00 two weeks ago.If you look at his pics of the right side widsheild, you can see his bid price 2900 and his buyer number at the auction in yellow. I think cobra186 also bid on it. Yall should check out my site a little more often.:D
links to the last two gallery pages, with this car
http://1993cobra.com/Gallery3/Dead-Cobras?page=5
http://1993cobra.com/Gallery3/Dead-Cobras?page=6

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That's news to me too, what's the difference.

I do know there are "brown" ones and grey ones. Is that it?

That car would probably do better if parted out. That thing was trashed before it was wrecked. Poor thing.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
It does have one of the rare early build intakes on it!

Too bad the lower is fubar where the thermostat housing was broken off.

The car needed some work before this wreck. As mentioned a little rubbing compound and some elbow grease would make it look like new. :D

93SVTCobra

Established Member
If you look at the side of the intake you'll see that it's smooth and doesn't have a rib in it. The first 500 or so cars had this intake and the rest had a rib cast in this area.

The lower intake is the same to my knowledge.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I think what you're seeing is maybe old antifreeze, or battery acid that douched the engine bay when it was wrecked.

buddha93

Established Member
Geesh.......no thanks! It still amazes me what these cars bring in this sort of condition. Just 3 or 4 years ago you could by a completely intact, nice roller for 5k. This pile is already up to 3k.......yowza!

Users who are viewing this thread