Antenna

eniac

I'm trying to find a OEM long antenna for my Cobra and I see the LMR and others have one that goes from '79-04. The one I have on it currently is smooth black, but the ones the online shops are selling are spiral bound black. The one I have might have been replaced before got the car, but I want to be sure what was on it leaving the factory. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5027.jpg
    IMG_5027.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 121

eniac

That’s what I feared. I guess I’ll be hunting for a NOS antenna because all the others are twisted. Wish me luck!

boost88

Established Member
I have an oem one from my 97 just sitting in the garage

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I got an oem fox body antenna in the ford paper wrapping on ebay for $25 last year. Definitely don't do the spiral wound antenna. Get a used one and clean and spray paint...good as new.

WillyB93

Established Member
There has been someone posting them for sale on ebay here lately, or like others said hit the junk yard.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually need one for my 98.
Last summer I unscrewed it and placed it on the wiper cowl before I threw the cover on it.
FF to the next time I took it out...I removed the cover and drove off. The antenna is somewhere on the side of Shawsheen St in Tewksbury.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I actually need one for my 98.
Last summer I unscrewed it and placed it on the wiper cowl before I threw the cover on it.
FF to the next time I took it out...I removed the cover and drove off. The antenna is somewhere on the side of Shawsheen St in Tewksbury.

a metal coat hanger should get you by just fine

boost88

Established Member
If he does post in here in a few days I'll message you. Have to see what I've got to ship it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread