Again....

Sway bar installed
e5a8e486.jpg

Anti roll bar...
59e24b7b.jpg

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
lol, this isn't worth arguing. You are confused.

No...let me have it. My car has the factory sway bar, which is to prevent sway/body roll in the suspension while turning/cornering correct?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
In short, yes.

Ok. Anti roll bar is something drag racers used to help their cars leave in a straight line(basically). You dont ride around with an anti rollIt's welded in between the frame rails as the sway bar is mounted to the LCA.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
A drag racing rear anti-roll bar may be crazy stiff, but that doesn't mean it's resisting roll different than a sway bar. Same components (bar, bar-to-chassis mount, bar-to-suspension mount), same function (distribute left and right suspension load), different settings (soft to maximize left-to-right independence, stiff to minimize left-to-right independence).

Anti-sway bar = sway bar = anti-roll bar

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Anti roll bar does resist the roll. That's the point of having it welded to the axle tube keep it from twisting up and tearing out the tq boxes and what not. Yes the both share a similar fx in keeping the car from twisting/rolling up buy are two different pieces.

mu22stang

Established Member
You're caught up the terminology and semantics of it to see the answer right in front of your face. If it didn't resist the roll (or more correctly, the uneven distribution of suspension load from left to right) then there would be no point to install it in the first place.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Is this guy serious? When we, us stupid drag racing folk, refer to an anti-roll bar it's the one that the OP posted a picture of. Not sure why you are getting your panties in a bunch over this one mu22stang, but it is what it is.

oneredstang

Established Member
Although the road racing guy is partially correct in terminology and function he misses the point where the solid bar is Welded to the chassis to strengthen the chassis itself during launch. Call it what you want but they are totally different animals

And if he didn't want to argue he wouldn't have posted here

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You're caught up the terminology and semantics of it to see the answer right in front of your face. If it didn't resist the roll (or more correctly, the uneven distribution of suspension load from left to right) then there would be no point to install it in the first place.

JEEZUS you are the one arguing semantics here!! it doesn't matter what you call it. you obvously understand what the op means.

now do you have anything constructive to add to his thread?! fawk

86merc

Established Member
Which side do disconnect?

Awesome, yea I've been 1.67 ready on 18's but it doesn't go as straight as I'd like.

Yea... Not really possible to run an Anti roll bar on a IRS I don't think

1 of the 2 I was looking at. Since I'm a dealer for Baseline, I thought about ordering theirs. A buddy of ran a team Z also and had no problems....I too want to keep my tail pipes.

I tried Baseline's street kit that bolts in. Even with it being bolted in and using bushings it works very well. I can rebuild and service it easily unlike the weld in kits. I don't remove a link either. No noise, no binding and allowed me to run my 3.5" tail pipes.

You want to have the anti roll bar set to neutral as much as possible. Adjust the control arms so the car drives strait as possible. Then get the anti roll bar to help equalize the body separation and fine tune any of the pull to one side the car may still have.

You set the anti roll bar to neutral to begin with. To do this you have the car at ride height and race weight including drivers weight in the seat. Remove the passengers side bar. Adjust the drivers side to the bar has movement up and down with the suspension. Once the drivers side is where you want it install the passengers side. You adjust it to the eyelet on the link and mounting tabs are even. The bolt should move in and out freely when adjusted correctly. Install the bolts and lock down all the fasteners. This is set up neutral. SOOOOO when you pull a link for street use I would recommend removing the passenger side. You have to remove one bolt to set it up neutral again if needed. Saves a step.

lol...this is amusing

In a way that actually makes my head hurt. lmao

Last edited:

mu22stang

Established Member
us stupid drag racing folk, refer to an anti-roll bar it's the one that the OP posted a picture of.

Your words not mine. I don't think drag racers are stupid. If you guys want to install parts that compromise the practical use of the car, go ahead. Just don't act like the part you're installing is SO unique and not hear about it from those with an understanding of suspension. If you understand how a car's street driveability is compromised by an ultra stiff sway bar/ARB, you can begin to understand how installing this anti-roll bar can affect your car on the street.

Although the road racing guy is partially correct in terminology and function he misses the point where the solid bar is Welded to the chassis to strengthen the chassis itself during launch.

No it isn't. It's still mounted through a bushing just like... a sway bar!

JEEZUS you are the one arguing semantics here!! it doesn't matter what you call it. you obvously understand what the op means.

now do you have anything constructive to add to his thread?! fawk

Much more than you apparently, other than your oversimplified explanation that claims this part grants exclusivity into the super secret steering wheel neglecting club of Cobras!!! In all seriousness, I am trying to help. Unfortunately, experience from ARB users AND tech aren't welcome in this club.

lol...this is amusing

Is this the kind of response that the OP is looking for?

BTW, the SUSPENSION forum may have been more appropriate for this thread.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
No...let me have it. My car has the factory sway bar, which is to prevent sway/body roll in the suspension while turning/cornering correct?

Anti-sway bar = anti roll bar. :read:

Doesn't really matter what they look like, they still perform the the same function. :idea:

Any questions?

:coolman::beer:

jetmech

Established Member
Your words not mine. I don't think drag racers are stupid. If you guys want to install parts that compromise the practical use of the car, go ahead. Just don't act like the part you're installing is SO unique and not hear about it from those with an understanding of suspension. If you understand how a car's street driveability is compromised by an ultra stiff sway bar/ARB, you can begin to understand how installing this anti-roll bar can affect your car on the street.

No it isn't. It's still mounted through a bushing just like... a sway bar!

Much more than you apparently, other than your oversimplified explanation that claims this part grants exclusivity into the super secret steering wheel neglecting club of Cobras!!! In all seriousness, I am trying to help. Unfortunately, experience from ARB users AND tech aren't welcome in this club.

Is this the kind of response that the OP is looking for?

BTW, the SUSPENSION forum may have been more appropriate for this thread.

Sorry man but you are missing what this anti-roll bar is. I understand where you're coming from but it is more than a sway bar. It will not let the car turn happy at all without possible breaking one of the links. It helps drag racers launch straight by stiffening the rear to not allow ANY roll. it also helps to keep the pinion angle set. You can also adjust the links to add more weight to one side or the other to correct if the car drifts left or right under hard launch. It will allow vertical movement but that's it. And when it came out it was huge for drag racers because by installing one you would see a 60' time drop of two 10ths or more which makes a big difference on the 1/4 mile times. So it can only be used in a drag racing application.

Users who are viewing this thread