Any Believers in the Biblical Rapture? End times

Machdup1

Established Member
I don’t worry about the end of days, I won’t even see it when it goes by, because I’ll be too busy looking good.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Alright. I actually had written many questions down on a piece paper long ago and cant find it. So, ill just ask what i can remember and may add to it as I remember.

1. If our God is the one true god then how are there so many different religions? If our God created everyone on this earth then how come we don't all have the same beliefs?

2. Where do dinosaurs fit into all of this? I don't believe dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible and you think they would considering the size and presents of some dinosaurs. Also, according to the bible the earth is roughly 6000 years old give or take a few thousand years. thats a far cary from paleontologists dating dinosaurs to be 50 million years old.

3. What about outer space? If God created earth that must mean he created all the other planets. And the possibility of extra terrestrial life. If we were to come into contact with aliens would that mean God created aliens?

4. This one i don't think anyone can answer but, where did God come from? We are expected to believe one man just started creating things likes he's a wizard? I just cant get behind this. Unless God comes down and smacks me on the face then i don't think i will be able to believe. I have always been a "seeing is believing" type of person.

Last edited:

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Any of you guys ever go to a Southern Baptist Revival? Some of those evangelists would make a little kid like me at the time think it was going to happen the next morning after they would get done preaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Don’t know if I should ask in this thread or start a new one. But as someone who was raised in a catholic family and went through first communion, confirmation, CCD and was an alter server for a few years I don’t believe in god and have several questions I would like to see if people can answer.
I will answer to the best of my ability in a bit:
(Mpoitrast87) Alright. I actually had written many questions down on a piece paper long ago and cant find it. So, ill just ask what i can remember and may add to it as I remember.

1. If our God is the one true god then how are there so many different religions? If our God created everyone on this earth then how come we don't all have the same beliefs?

God gave us the gift of choice. We can believe or not believe. We can follow or not follow. Because of this gift we are free to live our own lives. If God had made us follow Him regardless we would be no more than His slaves. God is Love, God is not our master because of this choice.
Included in this discussion of choice is the discussion fallibility. We as people are all fallible. We make mistakes and not one is perfect. Even the Pharisees in Jesus' day who spent the entire lives studying and memorizing the Bible did not know what it meant and were wrong on understanding God's word.
Why would people today understand the bible more than the pharisees who could not get it correct. Bottom line is that we read and try to understand the bible as best as we can, based on our fallible understanding there are many interpretations about it and who God really is.

2. Where do dinosaurs fit into all of this? I don't believe dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible and you think they would considering the size and presents of some dinosaurs. Also, according to the bible the earth is roughly 6000 years old give or take a few thousand years. thats a far cary from paleontologists dating dinosaurs to be 50 million years old.

Radioactive Dating does not work. Take a brand new cooled rock out of a volcano from 2 days ago and send it to be dated. It will be dated thousands of years or hundreds of thousands or millions or years old. How can this be, it was molten lava from inside the earths crust only 2 days before.
Or even better yet take 2 rocks brand new from the same eruption and send them to 2 different dating sites. They should be dated from the same year...No the dates that will be given our thousands or millions of years different.

Also fine sandy beaches form a lot faster than what I was taught in school. It takes millions of years of water eroding rock to create fine sand beaches. Yes a brand new island peaking above the water line in the Atlantic ocean had fine sandy beaches within eighty years of breaking above the water.

3. What about outer space? If God created earth that must mean he created all the other planets. And the possibility of extra terrestrial life. If we were to come into contact with aliens would that mean God created aliens?

Genesis 1: 14-18, God made the sun the moon and all the stars in the sky on the fourth day.
If there are animals we do not know of on these distance stars/planets I would say yes.

4. This one i don't think anyone can answer but, where did God come from? We are expected to believe one man just starting creating things likes he's a wizard? I just cant get behind this. Unless God comes down and smacks me on the face then i don't think i will be able to believe. I have always been a "seeing is believing" type of person.

It takes faith to believe in God. It takes faith to believe there is no God. Neither one can be proven in our lifetimes. It becomes which one is more likely or believable. We will all have different answers for this, and remember we are all fallible.

I believe because I can see evidence and crazy prophesies that have all come true over the years. Now some would say there is no details and these prophesies are all, it would not be hard to get them correct. This may be true, but from what I have seen no other person has been close.
I also believe as those who were alive with Jesus and His ministry and His miracles believed without a doubt He was God. No one else in the history of the world even comes close.

A purple haired punk rocker was fully against God based on two reasons. 1. He could not grasp the context of an eternal burning hell. 2. How does God relate to all the people who are not Christian? This punk rocker did not like how God would eternally burn people in hell for those who never had the opportunity/born in the wrong nation/family believes in the wrong/no God.
I must say I do agree with everything this young punk rocker is thinking.
The bible does not teach the eternal burning hell. Plus Romans 2: 14-15 "for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)"
God is the father of all beings regardless if they know God or not.

Last edited:

wckdvnm

Established Member
Alright. I actually had written many questions down on a piece paper long ago and cant find it. So, ill just ask what i can remember and may add to it as I remember.

4. This one i don't think anyone can answer but, where did God come from? We are expected to believe one man just starting creating things likes he's a wizard? I just cant get behind this. Unless God comes down and smacks me on the face then i don't think i will be able to believe. I have always been a "seeing is believing" type of person.

I’ll preface this by saying I am not a traditionalist in my belief so I’ll leave some of these up to people who follow the beliefs of Christianity to the T to answer it in the terms of Christianity. My life experiences and STE’s have shaped my view point not formal religious training as I have ZERO except being taken to a Catholic Church once of which I didn’t even listen. Sorry if this gets a bit “wooh wooh” or “woo woo” forget that joke term of over spiritual stuff lol

1.) this is a question that is answerable with the fathers choice to give us, all beings free will; you can choose to let’s say follow the teachings of Jesus or those of Muhammad because that’s your choice. Your connection to the Divine is between you and the Divine no one can force it and you have to truly and whole heartedly want that connection. IF you are “wrong” you will be forgiven as we do not have every answer.

2.) I go back and forth on this with my openly Christian brother in law. I believe that this planet did evolve over time and humans are a newer species.
However if you go off timelines of the Bible it puts earth at around 12,000 years old around the time of the last ice age/flood present on the planet (which science supports). Humans were older but my have angered the father and reset humans (which is why we have little history from that time)... again this is hotly debated by some Christian people as some look at timelines differently.

3.) well logical constancy would dictate that he created all so the simple answer is yes.

4.) Well not so much a man or wizard per say but rather the entire source of what we know of today. Some might not like this analogy but think of him as the writer of the setting, time, and place. We would merely be the actors give sets of choices (right vs wrong, good vs bad) not knowing the outcome present with them. One must understand that we cannot know the good vs bad or right vs wrong till after we make a choice and see it play out. (Guess one could say it’s similar to karma but not in the eastern religious sense.)
A example could be you choose to do something you know is wrong i.e. steal; that decision to commit that action will set in place a chain of “reactions” not necessarily bad but can be Misguided such as not getting something you worked hard for (car, dream house, promotion, etc.) These are not punishments in the traditional sense rather consequences set in place by your prior actions you may have completely forgot about. Take it as cruel but that is a much better outcome than what was; “for the wages of sin is death”.

Just as an aside I was like you; but rather I was waiting to know what I had seen/known since my birth was real... those answers have been answered and it’s why I say my beliefs are un-shakeable.
I do hope you find what you seek as nothing is greater than the true answer you seek.

“The two greatest days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why” -mark twain.

Edit: I’d just like to say I am highly opposed to putting my beliefs out there as the hate that get received for just thinking differently is rather distasteful. I know I do that to people so I cannot expect anything I say or do to not go without commentary. I also feel those that push religion from a hateful point of view lack the understanding of the fundamentals of their religion... except Islam and their 152 verses telling believers to kill non-believers.

Last edited:

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Any of you guys ever go to a Southern Baptist Revival? Some of those evangelists would make a little kid like me at the time think it was going to happen the next morning after they would get done preaching.

that's dispensationalism. its emotion fueled awful theology riddled with heresy.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
When you’re 7, it’s just scary. Lol.

it is, i was there, and unfortunately that bad theology had me very confused for a long time. it didn't make sense. so when i started learning actual biblical theology like the legal reason why Christ's propitiation (death on the cross) was necessary things finally started adding up.

unfortunately good theology is in short supply in american churches.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Used to scare the wits out me all the hellfire and brimstone that everyone was going to hell and so forth.
It took me going to an open church that took all to finally understand that we as humans have free will to do as we please and it is a choice to believe. Mind you if you choose not to believe that is on you and you will face that wrath alone.

God said Im am always there for you are you going to always be there for me? Let that sink in to the noodle for a second. He loves you no matter what and just asks the same of you.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Used to scare the wits out me all the hellfire and brimstone that everyone was going to hell and so forth.
It took me going to an open church that took all to finally understand that we as humans have free will to do as we please and it is a choice to believe. Mind you if you choose not to believe that is on you and you will face that wrath alone.

God said Im am always there for you are you going to always be there for me? Let that sink in to the noodle for a second. He loves you no matter what and just asks the same of you.

Choice... it sure is a mother****er to the human being, aint it?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Spent my childhood in southern baptist/Pentecost churches...they’d actually take current events and tie them to the rapture, like every freaking week. After so long waiting for it to happen, i guess you kind of get conditioned to it. Unfortunate.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Choice... it sure is a mother****er to the human being, aint it?

its rough out here for us. You have so many choices to make that you can basically be anyone you want. Ive made both good and bad choices in life and dealt with the consequences both ways.

For me everyday is a test and everyday I try to make the right choice. Lifes a gamble and man Im just happy that Im still around to play. I may one day be successful in this life, but I will only count my true success when I hit the pearly gates and walk into the Kingdom

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
its rough out here for us. You have so many choices to make that you can basically be anyone you want. Ive made both good and bad choices in life and dealt with the consequences both ways.

For me everyday is a test and everyday I try to make the right choice. Lifes a gamble and man Im just happy that Im still around to play. I may one day be successful in this life, but I will only count my true success when I hit the pearly gates and walk into the Kingdom

Couldn't have said it better myself brotha... totally agree.

Bad V2

Established Member
I’d rather have died believing in God and finding out there isn’t a God, than to die not believing in God and finding out there is a God. Or something like that.

That ‘ol saying makes perfect sense to me.

nickf2005

Established Member
I didn’t learn all that from some fancy education or from being smart. I learned that from listening to people who actually knew just what they were talking about.
I was raised Catholic. I learned the hot takes of Christianity, but Catholicism is more about teachings of the church, than Jesus himself. 7 sacraments, traditions, etc. There is so much "omitted" in the church.

My wife grew up in a strong Christian household and we have attended a few different "non-denominational" churches (preach straight from the bible) over the past 11 years as we've moved around. I've heard, learned, and understood more in these 11 years, than the previous 23. There is, however, oh so much more to learn and practice.

I think something that I really would like to read and understand better is The New Earth. This is something that was part of series, last year I believe, at our current church. When I heard what it's all about, it's mind boggling... as is most with what God has created, His mercy, and grace.

I truly do not believe we're there. Our time here is only a spec of dust. Somebody said it above.. the Bible does not say times will always be unicorns and rainbows. We will face hardships.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread