Any classic German enthusiasts?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I've been out of the car game for a while and while I always have that urge when seeing a nice car go by, I can't bring myself to buy a cookie-cutter car anymore--no offense to those of you who do drive those. I've decided to get out of motorcycles and get back into a fun auto project.

For a few years, I've really wanted a BMW 2002. This is what they look like from the factory:

1971BMW2002_01_700.jpg

This is what they can look like:
bmw-2002-1.jpg
post-45262-0-24732700-1395792867.jpg
sPHAM_cib_21-900x595.jpg

I've found what I believe to be a really good deal on one that's actually local to me. Does anyone have any experience with them? Keep in mind, I'm not looking to make it a track car at all. Just a fun project that I'd like to keep for quite a while and tinker with.

Any pros and cons to these?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I've always liked the 2002. Cool little cars!

If I was building something along those lines, I'd probably build a Datsun 210. Although an E30 M3 would also be awesome!

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I've always liked the 2002. Cool little cars!

If I was building something along those lines, I'd probably build a Datsun 210. Although an E30 M3 would also be awesome!

An E30 M3 would be way more than I'm looking to spend. I've found a 2002 with no rust and he's asking $5700. It's not a ti or tii model but I'm not tracking it and if I were, I'd do a swap anyways.

A Datsun 210 would be cool but they're tough to find in decent shape.

I'd also take a BMW 3.0 Cs (E9) but they're also more than I want to spend.

04svtterm

Established Member
oohh thats me. i've got a bunch of oldschool bmws. Picked up a decent shape bmw 850ci and a bmw E24 635CSI last year for cars to restore. I've also been sitting on a BMW E30 325 roller to transplant the E60 V10 motor into. All of these are stored in my warehouse, just waiting to be restored/modded. I will get to it one of these days. lol. I've also been looking for a older 1972ish skyline gtr.

i know the GTR isn't german, but man..when i see this car..it always makes me reach for my wallet. Once i get settled down in my new home, i def will be picking up my car collection again. been thinning out the herd and i dont like it.

sstp_1003_04_o%u00252B1971_nissan_skyline%u00252Bfront.jpg

my vision for the E30
83.jpg

Last edited:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
My boss just bought one, it needs some TLC but he's got some sweet plans for it. I can dig these cars.

kaz109

Established Member
My dream is to own a AMG hammer. This is the only classic German I really love. Well Other than the E30 M3

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Maybe I'm crazy but I actually like the stock look more than the modded ones you posted. I think that classy look is nice.

G-STANG

Established Member
My old man loves the 2002. I was thinking about picking one up as a project to do with my dad. Figured the old guy has been without a fun car since I was born so I thought it would be cool to do. What is the going rate for these cars these days in decent shape ?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
They're neat cars. As the saying goes "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than drive a fast car slow". What some people don't get about older cars like that is they are very mechanical in feel. They communicate that and it is something that is missing in newer cars. I had a few BMW's from that era, a 320i and a 733i, fun cars.

Looks like it has that water rail thing that you see around the top of an Ford E150 van.

Ha, kids. It's called a rain gutter

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
My old man loves the 2002. I was thinking about picking one up as a project to do with my dad. Figured the old guy has been without a fun car since I was born so I thought it would be cool to do. What is the going rate for these cars these days in decent shape ?

It really depends on the year, model, and condition like most vehicles of course. But a clean, carbureted, automatic version will normally be at least $5k. A ti or tii model(much rarer) would start at at least $12-15k.

But there were a lot of them produced back in the day so there are deals that pop up from time to time.

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
Old German cars I covet are limited to one Marque generally.

DSC_16901339098885.jpg

1986_Porsche_930_Turbo_For_Sale_Nose_resize.jpg

porsche-carrera-rs-2.7-06.jpg

And not really "old" but the all time dream

964-turbo-swissvax-detail-02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread