Any Dealers With Decent GT500 Allocations?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
My experience in the Houston market is they do collude several ways. Sonic dealerships are centrally managed and secondly the managers do communicate between dealerships. They all want to hold the ADM's as long as possible. By agreeing to keep a certain ADM they essentially fix the market for a market area, it's especially easy for high demand low supply cars. Yes, there are exceptions, but it's pretty easy and obvious.

ADM’s don’t work if they aren’t paid. The market sets the price. If you’re mad that you couldn’t buy one before someone else willing to spend more, I get it, but it’s a pretty simple concept.

Sure, some dealers hang on for that ADM well past the buying craze, probably because they paid another dealer ADM to get it in the first place.

LostM

Established Member
Or those people who want instant gratification and would rather throw the extra money away simply to satisfy their inability to show patience. Or there are those who don’t value money like most other middle class people and see $10-20k as pocket change.

I agree with that too. People today have no patience or self control.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

people that can afford ADM on an already highly priced car, that really isnt more than a hobby and spending disposable income , probably have more self control than the ones bitching about it

paluka21

Established Member
people that can afford ADM on an already highly priced car, that really isnt more than a hobby and spending disposable income , probably have more self control than the ones bitching about it

Perhaps, but then again $10,000 to "those people" is probably like $100.00 to some others. So, I think there is a bit of subjectivity as far as self control with millionaires.

LostM

Established Member
Perhaps, but then again $10,000 to "those people" is probably like $100.00 to some others. So, I think there is a bit of subjectivity as far as self control with millionaires.
right, i think i used the wrong words; those that can afford it, and actually PAY ADM's..

DepWraith

Established Member
My experience in the Houston market is they do collude several ways. Sonic dealerships are centrally managed and secondly the managers do communicate between dealerships. They all want to hold the ADM's as long as possible. By agreeing to keep a certain ADM they essentially fix the market for a market area, it's especially easy for high demand low supply cars. Yes, there are exceptions, but it's pretty easy and obvious.

Lord knows ALL the dealers in the Tampa market participate in ADM. Most are still marking up the GT350 and Raptors.

DepWraith

Established Member
I bought a leftover 10 Raptor in 11 for 10k under the MSRP...but since then it's just been silly so never got another one.

*added the word Raptor

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member
I offered $5k over msrp, additional 2020 Explorer lease, and $25k of free advertising to Lindsay Ford of Wheaton (MD). basically they think every dealer is getting 1 car, and their plan is to sell it to the highest bidder..

Established Member
Raptors were like 300zx's in 1990, the very early model years Ford did not know demand and the subsequent model years pricing was increasing so rapidly and that the early buyers trucks appreciated into 12 and 13...

And starting with the 15's with the lightened body's and then the ecoboost models, they were transformed into truly amazing trucks which a lot of people did not know the difference and this too pulled up the older truck values. THe older ones were very good trucks, and people not in the know would see Raptor and jump on them thinking the got the bling, but the newer trucks are the bomba. It's such a huge difference it's kinda cheating... Anyway, a special case where the early adopters benefitted.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hey gang...so I convinced my dad not get the new M8 and instead get a GT500. Do people know where or how I should start trying to get on a list for one? Just calling around or are there large dealers that will get a lot. We may be willing to pay an ADM too. Thanks.

You willing to pay a $10k finders fee?

Users who are viewing this thread