Any experience with this company?

97PacificGreen

Established Member
So long story short I blew the motor in my 97 cobra and I bought a motor from mps. Well my bad luck continued cause the motor I received from mps had a cam gear installed backwards and it blew the head on that one so I sent it back now a good friend of my uncles referred me to a online site that does rebuilt engines. Called barnettesengines.com any one use them or have any others they might recommend barnettes wants 26hundred for a complete rebuild all new everything and to me that's pretty good any suggestions? Or any other place money is pretty tight.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Advance auto parts sells Spartan reman engines. They're supposed to be VERY good engines, highly recommended by everyone I've met who has bought one, and they come with a warranty. I think they're probably around 3200 for a cobra motor, but if you have a good buddy who is an employee, you might be able to get him to buy it for you (20% off).

97PacificGreen

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I called advanced auto parts and they said 3505. But they aren't located any where near me (Nevada). Also the the engine was warrantieed. I got all of my money back so no problems there.

Users who are viewing this thread