Any fresh 2015/2016 SVT Cobra news?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cover of the April 2014 Car & Driver has a pic of a " 550hp Shelby GT350 ".
Article states " 2016 ", for what it's worth.

GTMamba

Established Member
Just looked at the 6G site. Looks like a whole lot of know-nothing's and conjecturists over there!

Funny because a lot of members on this site are on 6G too, so what does that say? Objectively, they have had more reliable info on the S550 than anywhere including the chazcron renders, when/where the reveal would happen, etc. That doesn't happen without inside info.

Anyway I agree with what others have said. IF they show the GT350 in April in NY, it will be a 2015 model year. No reason to show a 2016 model year car this early. Big IF tho.

We will see.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Funny because a lot of members on this site are on 6G too, so what does that say? Objectively, they have had more reliable info on the S550 than anywhere including the chazcron renders, when/where the reveal would happen, etc. That doesn't happen without inside info.

Anyway I agree with what others have said. IF they show the GT350 in April in NY, it will be a 2015 model year. No reason to show a 2016 model year car this early. Big IF tho.

We will see.

For probably the 1000th time. It will be a 16.

I've said it, iceman has said it, DBK has said it.

Look back to when the 13 came out, we also had all of the information then.

So Im not BSing you. Neither are they.

As for 6G...there will be alot of apologies for spreading misinformation there soon

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

We will see.
Don't be so sure about that. I saw the 2007 GT500 at the NY Auto Show in 2005. It was the main reason I went.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

We will see.

I trust two people on the many boards that are on the web. One is Dave. Most of the people spewing information get it from those who report on cars for a living. There are many reasons why the magazines are often wrong!:poke:

GTMamba

Established Member
For probably the 1000th time. It will be a 16.

I've said it, iceman has said it, DBK has said it.

Look back to when the 13 came out, we also had all of the information then.

So Im not BSing you. Neither are they.

As for 6G...there will be alot of apologies for spreading misinformation there soon

I'm not saying you or any of those guys are BSing anyone so relax. I'm sure you guys have been reliable in the past. Do any of you work for Ford BTW?

As for M6G, what misinformation are you talking about? do you even read the site? Their GT350 section isn't named 2015 or 2016. The admin and some of their own insiders have said it will be available in middle of next year. Does this contradict what you guys believe or are we just arguing over the semantics of what model year it will be called.

Don't be so sure about that. I saw the 2007 GT500 at the NY Auto Show in 2005. It was the main reason I went.

I never said it never happened but that is more the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm not saying you or any of those guys are BSing anyone so relax. I'm sure you guys have been reliable in the past. Do any of you work for Ford BTW?

As for M6G, what misinformation are you talking about? do you even read the site? Their GT350 section isn't named 2015 or 2016. The admin and some of their own insiders have said it will be available in middle of next year. Does this contradict what you guys believe or are we just arguing over the semantics of what model year it will be called.

I never said it never happened but that is more the exception, not the rule.

I'll just say I got a PM a long time ago about removing info I posted about the credentials of a member here. To answer your first question though, very close!

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I have heard nothing of a gt500 or such coming in 2015....do you guys think they will continue with the Shelby gt500 or release the cobra again?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Who are those guys? Who do they know? Those that just work for Ford(another employee, that does not make decisions) or work for a Ford dealer do not know anything at this point in time.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I have heard nothing of a gt500 or such coming in 2015....do you guys think they will continue with the Shelby gt500 or release the cobra again?

The GT500 is a cobra. My GT500 has 1 GT500 badge and more Cobra badges than I can count.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Show me where it says "COBRA" oh thats right...NO WHERE

A GT500 is a GT500 not a Cobra

Lol you serious bro. Get outta here with that nonsense

I can go out in the garage and count them all if you would like

There's a cobra on my steering wheel, on my trunk lid, on my fenders, in my grille, on my dash LCD, on my Nav LCD, in my owners manual..I could go on.

Do you have one? Can you go out and look at YOUR car and tell me?

Oh wait....

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
So I had the pleasure of talking to one of the engineers that does the testing at the proving grounds this weekend. He wouldnt say a whole lot. It will be a naturally aspirated car and its a little slower than the 13-14. There still working out harmonic issues.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So I had the pleasure of talking to one of the engineers that does the testing at the proving grounds this weekend. He wouldnt say a whole lot. It will be a naturally aspirated car and its a little slower than the 13-14. There still working out harmonic issues.

Slower in what way? top speed, 1320, or road course?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Slower in what way? top speed, 1320, or road course?

Probably the first 2. The 13 was not a track stormer so I cannot see the new car with a lower center of gravity, wider stance and better suspension being slower on a track. It would be a huge letdown if it was.

Users who are viewing this thread