Any gt500 at sticker

BCPD199

Established Member
I have one 2021' GT500 allocation left due to a Canadian customer backing out. He does business in the US and Canada and when Canada shut the country down again recently for a month he lost quite a bit of income.

Unit can be tailored to our specs as long as it doesn't have any of the CF packages. But would be $5k over sticker.

What would you offer on a '21 Rapid Red CFTP with 500 miles? Loaded; but, with tape stripes.

BCPD199

Established Member
Just to clear the air...

DEALERS MAKE LESS MONEY WHEN YOU PAY WITH CASH.

I can eContract a customer and have the money in my account in 10 minutes.

Cash was king in the olden days when dealers would have to wait 14-20 days to get their money.

That, and also there's money to made on the financing.

Blown 330

Pimp
Established Member
Will the markup on these continue after the chip shortage passes? I really want one but am not about paying over sticker.

03'Darin

Established Member
We just sold a used 2020 GT500 over the weekend. Car had 8k miles on it and it brought original sticker price. Unfortunately we had sticker in it so we didn't make any money on that car.

The situation right now is there aren't any new vehicles available, let alone GT500's. So if a buyer can find what they want they either need to pay up or not buy anything.

Our one GT500 CFTP car was supposed to be built 4/16. The plant closed and is still closed so that car has now been delayed about 6 weeks. Word is the plant may open next week. My car and our other CFTP car were scheduled for 6/28 build week. They have both been bumped back a week at this point but that probably won't hold either.

I have two retail order F150's that were built 3/11 Our Ford rep told me last week I probably won't see those units until end of Oct/early November.

Here in the NE book values on 2018 and 2019 vehicles is higher than what they sold for new. In my 34 years of selling cars I've never seen the market anything like this.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
We just sold a used 2020 GT500 over the weekend. Car had 8k miles on it and it brought original sticker price. Unfortunately we had sticker in it so we didn't make any money on that car.

The situation right now is there aren't any new vehicles available, let alone GT500's. So if a buyer can find what they want they either need to pay up or not buy anything.

Our one GT500 CFTP car was supposed to be built 4/16. The plant closed and is still closed so that car has now been delayed about 6 weeks. Word is the plant may open next week. My car and our other CFTP car were scheduled for 6/28 build week. They have both been bumped back a week at this point but that probably won't hold either.

I have two retail order F150's that were built 3/11 Our Ford rep told me last week I probably won't see those units until end of Oct/early November.

Here in the NE book values on 2018 and 2019 vehicles is higher than what they sold for new. In my 34 years of selling cars I've never seen the market anything like this.

I'm hoping things calm down for the 2022 model year at some point. It's so frustrating, they mark up these cars when there are no problems or shortages. This is like throwing gasoline on a flame. I'll continue to search and wait until either the right deal comes along, or they're all gone. I can't swing over sticker for multiple reasons.

As messed up as it sounds, I'm semi-hoping the potential looming gas shortage calms things down a bit. Especially with the more gas thirsty cars.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm hoping things calm down for the 2022 model year at some point. It's so frustrating, they mark up these cars when there are no problems or shortages. This is like throwing gasoline on a flame. I'll continue to search and wait until either the right deal comes along, or they're all gone. I can't swing over sticker for multiple reasons.

It definitely won't work itself out for MY22.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the entire run of these GT500s was basically a marked up s*** show.

... I can sense your frustration.

Yes. Take a vehicle that is already incredibly sought after, demand exceeds supply...then cripple it with chip shortages and messed up delivery timing...it'll get worse.

"Regular" vehicles are selling for MSRP+, vehicles they make 100,000+ a year...why wouldn't a limited run of <5,000 demand a premium?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
... I can sense your frustration.

Yes. Take a vehicle that is already incredibly sought after, demand exceeds supply...then cripple it with chip shortages and messed up delivery timing...it'll get worse.

"Regular" vehicles are selling for MSRP+, vehicles they make 100,000+ a year...why wouldn't a limited run of <5,000 demand a premium?

Yes, I am frustrated. I get it, I'm not knocking them for doing it, it's just frustrating because a mark up is going to be what keeps an otherwise somewhat obtainable car out of reach for me. Just not meant to be I guess.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, I am frustrated. I get it, I'm not knocking them for doing it, it's just frustrating because a mark up is going to be what keeps an otherwise somewhat obtainable car out of reach for me. Just not meant to be I guess.

There are plenty of other fun cars out there to be had, but their prices are inflated right now as well.

Heck, C6Zs have gone up $10-12k in the last 90 days.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah. It’s a crappy time to buy anything. Great time to sell. Houses are on another level right now.

Yep, it's great for the people who are going from multiple cars/houses down to fewer...but even if you sell at the top of the market, and you're going to replace....you're going to pay top of the market for the next. Really no net-gain.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Yep, it's great for the people who are going from multiple cars/houses down to fewer...but even if you sell at the top of the market, and you're going to replace....you're going to pay top of the market for the next. Really no net-gain.

Which is exactly why I’m not selling my house right now lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which is exactly why I’m not selling my house right now lol

We had ours on the market a month or two ago, received 4 offers in 48 hours, all within $5k of asking...we took it off the market because we couldn't find anywhere we'd be ok with moving.

We bought the house in 2016, and it's value has increased over $250k.

Users who are viewing this thread