Any Holley Dominator Experts in here?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have an issue getting my Dominator working in the race car. I have spark, I have all of the sensors working and reading correctly. What I do not have is Fuel Injector function. The Fuel injectors have power, but the ECU is not providing the ground to pulse the injectors.
I have crank signal, I have spark, the timing is dead on in a fixed timing test. I have proper fuel pressure (43psi) but the engine is not getting fuel from the injectors. I removed the S/C so I could get all of the fuel injectors out and have them cleaned/tested. They tested/flowed OK. So it is not an injector fault.
Running out of Ideas. Is there a parameter in the ECU set up that I am missing? The "directions" in the manual are obtuse at best. It assumes you know the system intimately, but if you knew it that well, then why directions at all.
I have asked for help on the Holley Tech forum and the cut and paste response is "it's in the manual". OK wise guy, where in the manual? "it is there if you look for it". Brilliant! Thanks for the "help".
The only time I got an actual answer was when I asked them to treat me like I was a dumb shit who did not know anything and I finally got a picture of the wire diagram I was looking for. Who knows, maybe I am a dumb shit, but I never had this issue setting up the FAST XFI and running it for 5 years.
Anyway, that being said, anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited:

CobraSam

Established Member
[email protected]
Email my guy Andrew.
He helped me remote tune my 2 cars. He’s a Holley genius and will get u squared away.
Tell him Sam with the Cobra sent you.

CobraSam

Established Member
Awesome man! I’m really happy to hear he got you squared away. The guy is truly amazing with this Holley EFI and he’s just a great guy. He’s been helping me for a few years now. Don’t know where I’d be without his help and patience.
Enjoy your car
Sam

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A number of little things. The amount of fuel enrichment during cranking. The whole fuel table was revised and the system just needed to sync. The cam and crank sensors were not synced. It was not that they were out of adjustment, they just needed to "see" each other for longer than a 5-10 second crank time. This was accidentally found out when just for shits and grins he recommended that I spray a bunch of Brake Cleaner down the throttle body. I did, cranked the engine and it lit off and ran for about 5 seconds then died. A minor adjustment to the start fuel table and it lit off and idled on the next start attempt.
I still have some adjustments to do, the O2 sensors are only 8" away from the end of the header and are getting diluted readings because of it. He recommended that I install some 18-24" long header collector extensions so that better adjustments to the idle table can be made. Once that is done the extensions can come off. Problem is, my header collectors are 4" in Dia. so getting 18-24" long 4" diameter pipe under the car may be a challenge. Also the engine idles at 1,500-1,600 rpm and I did not have the proper allen wrench to make an idle speed adjustment. It typically should idle around 1,100 rpm. I am not using an Idle air bypass, so the idle is controlled only by adjusting the throttle opening.
The whole process took about 3 hrs of real time. He used Team Viewer so he could control my laptop and we were on the phone the whole time. When the engine lit off and ran on it's own the first time I shut it off after about 20 seconds because I could not hear if he was saying anything. Lol. I took video with my phone but the sound is so loud the phone could not process it, it is just a bunch of garbled noises. I am going to take video tomorrow after work and start about 30' outside the garage and walk in and see if the sound quality is better. If it is, I will post the video.

Users who are viewing this thread