Any Microsoft Word gurus on here?

musclefan21

Established Member
I have an 180 page document with pics that need to be formatted. I worked on it for quite a bit and just can’t seem to get it right?

Anyone who is good with word willing to help me? I am willing to pay. Please let me know.

thank you

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Use Microsoft Publisher instead. I use both Word and Publisher. Word for the mundane daily documents, and Publisher when I need more intricate positioning of photos and graphics.

Publisher has better editing tools for placement of text and photos/images. It works more like an image editing program than Word does. Publisher allows you to select shapes and graphics and drag them to precise locations within your document. You can't do that in Word, but Word does let you resize images, photos, graphics, and tables using your mouse. Publisher is a better desktop publishing program (compared to Word), so you'll find it useful for making catalogs, newsletters, flyers and other documents that require intricate layouts intricate positioning of graphics.

How many pages is your document?

musclefan21

Established Member
Images not laying down nicely where you want them???

yeah. Things are moving around once converted to Amazon Kindle. Right when I feel like I got it right on word, kindle shows something different even though both are set up to 6x9 size... I am about to lose my mind. I just want someone who is good at this stuff to do it for me and I will just pay them instead of struggling here

musclefan21

Established Member
Just use Adobe, word is trash for editing long stuff like that

Posts and likes are not mine.

never used Adobe before. Will probably have to buy that right?

instead I would rather just pay someone to format my project than me buying a program and struggle my way through it and still not get anything accomplished

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

08mojo

Established Member
yeah. Things are moving around once converted to Amazon Kindle. Right when I feel like I got it right on word, kindle shows something different even though both are set up to 6x9 size... I am about to lose my mind. I just want someone who is good at this stuff to do it for me and I will just pay them instead of struggling here

I have no idea what it takes to convert to Kindle....but when we have multi device formatting issues, we get it right in word then save as a pdf (and share the pdf version). Is that an option here?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're wanting to convert your Word document to Kindle, check out Kinstant Formatter. Here's a video explaining how to use it. Looks easy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This. If it looks good in Word, then simply save it as a PDF and it should display exactly the same on any device or app.
That is definitely an option. I saw that one before I posted above, but should have included it. It's the easiest option to try. And yes, it should work unless the file changes during the convert to PDF process.

musclefan21

Established Member
Thanks guys. Giving those tips a try!

I also have a formmater who will be helping out. We will see how this goes.

Just trying to make sure everything looks right before I publish the master piece..

08mojo

Established Member
Thanks guys. Giving those tips a try!

I also have a formmater who will be helping out. We will see how this goes.

Just trying to make sure everything looks right before I publish the master piece..

Hopefully the formatter also checks spelling before the masterpiece is published. :D

Users who are viewing this thread