Any nitrous experts in here?

fangs99

Established Member
Well vs porting my blower or spending thousands on a blower swap, I'm thinking about adding 100 shot for some track outings. Car currently has 2.76 upper, jlt intake, o/r X, borla stingers, 3.73's, ftbr bushings, just upgraded trans to 26 spline input and Spec 3+ clutch.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
With a 100shot you will see ~100hp gain but you will pick up a lot more torque. Your probably going to spend close to the same amount for both set ups. Both will probably require more fuel however a wet shot will not require bigger injectors as fuel is pulled off the supply line/rails.

Eatons and nitrous are great together

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
A ported blower and a complete nitrous set up will be pretty close on price except you will have to constantly fill a bottle.

Outonyou

Established Member
Nitrous is great product, but it does come with a price. You will have the initial cost of the kit, then you will need a bottle heater, bottle blanket, (optional), and a purge kit. You will also want to have the car retuned. The only thing I truly dislike about a n2o kit is that YOU have to make sure the bottle is up to temp, and OPEN. Plus you constantly have to get it refilled. Other than that, its awesome. If it were me, Id find another way to add my power. So its "on" all the time and there when needed..

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Not porting the blower. I'm looking to add nitrous vs a ported blower or blower upgrade.
What??????? Re read your OP. I was Referring to the purchase of a ported blower not sending yours away to get ported...does that make sense? A ported blower USED, and a good N2O kit are close to the same price.

Your car on nitrous will run stronger then a ported car in the quarter.

fangs99

Established Member
How are the 03/04's holding up to nitrous long term? The car will be parked after january while I'm deployed will probably get a tvs when I get home and the nitrous will get put on a standalone fuel cell.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I loved nitrous on my old Eaton setup. It makes the car very quick but came with some headaches beyond filling the bottle all the time. You can fix them all but be warned a nice properly setup nitrous system is expensive.

I hated the bottle having to heat up. Takes a solid 15 minutes to get to operating pressure and on really hot days it can be difficult to regulate. Nano nitrous cures both of these problems.

I hated having to switch tunes to pull timing and or add fuel for spray. Using a wet shot takes care of the fuel. Using a timing or ignition box of sorts will take care of your timing. This will allow you to not have to switch tunes. My ignition box is the J&S Vampire. Not cheap.

Popping the trunk and opening the bottle manually sucks. Electric bottle opener. What's another $300 :)

You need some sort of safety, window switch for example. You don't want to bounce of the rev limiter by accident on spray. My setup is more than just a window switch. Car has to be WOT, between 4000 - 6500 RPM (my rev limiter was 7k, be 7500 on the new setup), and clutch fully engaged for it to spray.

Take care of those things and nitrous is a blast. It becomes expensive to do it right.

intermatic

Established Member
I ran a 125 shot..nitrous express kit. Nitrous is fun, but Janurary is coming up fast and you won't get too much use/fun out of the set up to really warrant dropping the dough in my opinion. I personally think you're better off saving the money so you can do some fuel upgrades along with the TVS when you get home.
Good luck with whatever route you take!

fangs99

Established Member
What exact kits? I'm looking into the proton plus kit from NX and a base nozzle kit from Nitrous Outlet.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Nitrous outlet makes a very good product, that's what I'll be going with this winter

MalcolmV8

Established Member
But some kits flow more than others, and some jet for crank hp and others rwhp.

Buy a bag of jets and swap and tune with them. You're going to want to experiment with different size jets to dial your combo in anyways, especially the fuel jet if you're running a wet shot. Rating jets by HP never made sense to me because no two combos will make the same HP difference on the same jet. Read the jet sizes written on the jets and go up and down as needed. Much like tuning a carb, you don't look for the "100 hp" main jet lol.

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Nitrous works well at the track where you have the time to fart with bottle pressure and timing. Adding a 60-80whp shot on top of 450-500whp is only 10 to 15% increase and isn't the same experience as running a big shot on a otherwise N/A motor. You will need good tires to hook up the torque, I made 580 and spent about $700 on the system.
-base kit, purge, window box (used here on SVTP)
-heater, controller
-vent kit (for inspection)
-various wiring

You can tune the A/F yourself with a wideband and jet swaps. Your plugs will need to be gapped properly for the N20 as well.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/880782-terminator-nitrous-install-pics.html

Last edited:

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Anyone spraying 125-150 on just a bap? Pulling from the rail or before the rail?

fangs99

Established Member
I'm planning on running 295/45/17 MT et street radial 2's for track duty. I dd on 275/40/17 555R's and they work great on the street with 470 hp it makes now. I'm looking to hit it with 150 shot. Another question.... Do I need to worry about the IRS? It has FTBR bushings, a braced diff cover and 3.73's already. Car has sub frames and the trans just got a 26 spline input shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread