any of you guys not getting a 350 anymore now that the zl1 is out?

liter of cola

Established Member
not a troll post I promise. I just saw a bunch of stuff pop up about the 2017 Camaro zl1. heres the lowdown if you havnt heard yet.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-photos-and-info-news

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ride-along-with-mark-reuss-in-the-2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-wvideo/

640hp sounds nice, especially in that new lighter chassis. looks like it will be priced around $60k. im actually thinking of this as a serious alternative to the 350. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

ChimpanZed

Established Member
I have a fetish for both Scion TCs and cheese graters. As the ZL1 is the offspring of the two, I've cancelled my MSRP R order and am waiting for the ZL1.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Does the backend look a little puckered?

2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-103-876x535.jpg

The front end looks a little busy for me.

2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-102-876x535.jpg

liter of cola

Established Member
chimpanzed - i'll gladly take your msrp R order, who do I call? pm me if your for real.

snoopey49 - I think the 350 takes the cake in the looks category for sure, but I still find the zl1 attractive except for that 2x4 rear spoiler, but it has 640hp.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
im actually thinking of this as a serious alternative to the 350. what do you guys think?
Not at all interested. Despite being their latest Halo car, I really dont class it with the GT350, regardless of on track capability.

Im guessing more GT500/hellcat owners being intrigued by it.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I wouldn't consider getting the zl1. Actually, any camaro in the current gen since the styling is so dated already. If they got rid of a bunch of those body lines, I would maybe consider it.

Para81

Established Member
Let me just state for the record that the new Camaro ZL1/SS are probably the most hideous cars to come out of the USA in years. The Camaro especially is like lipstick on a pig, I can't get over how awful that car looks in person. If they dropped the price down to $19,000 for the ZL1 - I still wouldn't even consider it. And for the record i'm not a brand enthusiast I just like great cars.

Para81

Established Member
not a troll post I promise. I just saw a bunch of stuff pop up about the 2017 Camaro zl1. heres the lowdown if you havnt heard yet.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-photos-and-info-news

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ride-along-with-mark-reuss-in-the-2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-wvideo/

640hp sounds nice, especially in that new lighter chassis. looks like it will be priced around $60k. im actually thinking of this as a serious alternative to the 350. what do you guys think?

You would be making a bad call and the day you drive a GT350 you would regret your decision for life...no question.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not that I can afford either car, but the ZL1 would never interest me. The previous gen ZL1 was supposed to be all that and a pack of gum but once it hit the streets, it was a major flop. The weight is attractive and that's about it. Not interested in the HP in the least bit.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Technically the car sounds great

Aesthetically it is not inspiring to the soul.

Would not give up the GT350 which provides both

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It will be a performance bargain at $60k. I wonder when pricing will actually be out.

CO Mack

Established Member
I had an SS as a rental a couple of years ago and it scared the hell out of me, just couldn't see out of the thing.

First and foremost I like the character of my GT350, I doubt very much the ZL1 is going to match the experience.

Not even a bit interested in a ZL1, but I am glad it exists. Great time to be in to performance cars!

93oh

Established Member
Zl1 will be a ferocious ride. However I drove New Camaro you cannot see out of it at all. The ergonomics are difficult.

mike69440

Established Member
What a great piece of engineering wasted in a Camaro

I had an SS as a rental a couple of years ago and it scared the hell out of me, just couldn't see out of the thing.

First and foremost I like the character of my GT350, I doubt very much the ZL1 is going to match the experience.

Not even a bit interested in a ZL1, but I am glad it exists. Great time to be in to performance cars!

First, honestly I can not afford any of these cars. I think that 10 speed auto, shows the world America can build a great transmission, despite our politics and degrading social fabric.
But if I could, I don't fit in a Camaro / Vette etc. I'm also claustrophobic with a bad back, so why would I want to be uncomfortable sitting in a cave?

Mustangs are a nice place to be, even sitting in a parking lot or traffic.

Older early Gen 5 S/S did not ride/handle particularly well, plus you can't see where your going. Alpha apparently is a great improvement, even of the later Gen 5 units..
Now if this platform had was an Impala SS sort a working mans Caddy, etc. That would suck, because I'd want one!

Only if it had a grown up sized blower on it, instead of a screaming little kid.

Last edited:

mike69440

Established Member
Well said in a few words.

Technically the car sounds great!

Aesthetically it is not inspiring to the soul.

Would not give up the GT350 (or my 03 Cobra) which provides both

Who makes the styling/ergonomic decisions at GM for Camero and the Corvette?

They should be designing cars for N. Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread