Any of you old farts putting sound systems in your Fox Bodies?

rollintegra

Established Member
I was looking through the forum and didnt see too much on audio in the Fox Bodies. So if anyones got any pictures Im looking for some ideas.:beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I did, but mine is years old now. I had to upgrade, I couldn't hear the stock radio over my exhaust anymore. And now I don't think I can hear the upgraded radio over my exhaust either...lol.

But, here's what I've got:
Pioneer H/U, DEH-8000 I think is what it is...it's about 8 years old now or more
Infinity Reference (Kappa's wouldn't fit) separates in the doors, tweeters are mounted on the black plastic triangles that cover the mirror attachment points
Clarion 5x7 seperates plate in the rear
The above sets of components are driven by a rockford amp
DEI tweeters in the dash (driven off the H/U)
12" sub in the hatch run off of a 2 farad cap (un-nessisary, but I've got it anyway) and an Alpine class-D amp.

While I had my interior apart I ran all new 12ga speaker wire for everything. Into the doors, up through the dash, etc. The system sounds fantastic, but when the car is running, you can't hear it. lol

rollintegra

Established Member
Yeah thats the problem im having haha....i just put an Alpine head unit in with an IPod hook up in the glove box, it has infinitys in the dash and the door, stock deck speakers and I just bought an Alpine amp and a 12 in Rockford Sub. Im not really going to looks for show and what not I just want to hear some driving music.

pur pony

Established Member
All i have is a kenwood excelon cd player. Problem is, i have no speakers-lol. Havnt had speakers in 4 years.
This year i am planning on speakers, an amp, and a single 10" sub.... nothing crazy.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
I've got a JVC head unit and Alpine components or something (it all came in the car). Last season I ran a single 10" sub with an amp which i really enjoyed, but I took it out for this season.

blownfox

Established Member
Here is my setup. Its is nothing crazy but it works.

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Years ago I had to comp. JL audio 12s and a Rockford fosgate sub. It's was very nice too. Chrome silver and black. It looked really good with my black interior.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
My sound system made by trickflow, Mac and magnaflow lol!

I replaced my tape deck head unit with a nakamichi cd deck (very classic look) and all speakers with Jl audio stuff cause half my stock stuff was bad. Used to be big into audio but not in my stangs.

Users who are viewing this thread