Any problems over 650 rwhp

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Who has 650 rwhp or more and have you had ANY issues? Also how long and how many miles have you had your setup? Also, is it your daily?

Oborroto

Established Member
Yes it was a daily driver car, even with cooling mods, after a pass, anti freeze would always spray with every setup I had (kenne bell, pro charger and whipple) When you modify your car that much, you are more than likely to invest alot of money in repairs. I've had 3 clutchs from spec melt. If you dont want to spend alot of money, after you reach your goal I wouldnt suggest gong past 550

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Yes it was a daily driver car, even with cooling mods, after a pass, anti freeze would always spray with every setup I had (kenne bell, pro charger and whipple) When you modify your car that much, you are more than likely to invest alot of money in repairs. I've had 3 clutchs from spec melt. If you dont want to spend alot of money, after you reach your goal I wouldnt suggest gong past 550

Wow. That is no bueno.

GarageLogic

Established Member
I drive mine almost every day with a Stage III KB and 3" pulley and have had no problems at all with it. Of course, mine rarely sees any track time so I'm not sure how it would hold up if I did.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

Sounds like you were lifting the head. Was this on a GT500?

mcdover

Established Member
No issues with mine. It's not a daily driver though. I've got an early build 07, and I'm not even having the transmission problems that some have had.

Users who are viewing this thread