Any Questions for Jamal and the Ford Performance Engineers?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm going to fire off a few questions to the Shelby GT350 build team next week. If there's anything you guys would like to know post it up. Remember that they are not going to talk about future product plans, and keep it respectful.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are the coyote/voodoo intake manifolds interchangeable?

Are the half shafts the same as the GTs?

Engine weight (if they wont release car weight)

Also, why no dry sump?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Are the half shafts the same as the GTs?

I asked that and was told that the torque side was increased in diameter over that of the 5.0 Mustang GT shaft diameter. I also asked if there would be any change to the axle "pumpkin" internals for additional strength and was told no.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Seeing how the red R isn't available with stripes, is this to pay homage to the '00R and will "that" blue be an option next year?

10splaya22

Established Member
My questions is how do I get a job with Ford Performance? Working on any of the new performance cars sounds like a dream job! I'll try and think of some actual questions later haha.

bpmurr

Established Member
I've got a few:

1) Why isn't there a Recaro option for the Tech pack? Better yet why not offer a Mega pack taking the best of the Tech and Track pack? The 13-14 GT500 let you have it all.

2) How does the seven speaker stereo in the Tech pack compare to the base stereo or Shaker? Is it of a high quality? Maybe even something new developed with speaker weight mind.

3) What are the official 0-60, 1/4 mile and some road course times record by Ford in testing?

4) Will Ford offer any kind of incentives to dealers not to go ADM crazy and negate the hard work they did to keep the price low?

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
How, specifically, does the damper calibration differ from the track pack 350 to the R? Can that R calibration be obtained for the regular 350?

Why a 35 aspect ratio on tires instead of 30? The 35 seems a little tall.

What gear ratio did they go with?

What is the curb weight of the 350 and the R?

krt22

Established Member
What is the ride height of each model (R, Track, Base)
IF the R is lower, can those springs be used on the track
Will there be any ford racing parts released
Are the additional coolers in the R/Track pack liquid or air only
Does the track pack have the same air flow routing to cool the rear diff
How much adjustability is there for camber/toe/caster
Top speed (non-limited)
Were the gear ratios custom or off the shelf for the 3160
Has there been any work done with 3rd party tuners

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Oh, I just thought of one. Will this Magneride system be the latest tech that adjusts every millisecond, or will it adjust every ten milliseconds? Not that I think that makes a noticeable difference really, but just curious.

krt22

Established Member
From another article on here, they said the R updates every 7 milliseconds, the track every 10. From my understanding, I don't think there is much faster than that, eseocially since the previous gen was 20+ milliseconds

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Every 7-10 is plenty fast, but they do have a new version in the C7 Z06 that's said to update 1000 times per second. At that point, it's more about bragging rights I'd think.

65sohc

Established Member
Do all GT350's have Magneride or do you have to order the Tech or Track package to get it?

65sohc

Established Member
The base model does not. You have to add an option package to get MR.

That is the conclusion I eventually came to, but I was confused on this issue for months since never have I seen any discussion of a base, non-Magneride suspension. I was under the impression that Magneride was as much a part of the essence of the car as the flat plane crank engine. Guess I was wrong. In any case, thanks for the clarification. Even though I don't need the various coolers, I definitely want Magneride so I ordered the Track Pack. After my Boss (and 79 Pace Car way back when) I also definitely want cloth Recaro's, so I have no use for the leather-clad, gadget laden Tech package.

krt22

Established Member
I'm guessing the original plan was to have it standard and have a higher msrp, but instead they added the magneride to all the option packages to keep the msrp under 50k since not all buyers looking for a base car would need/want the magneride, although I'm guessing very few base cars will be built

Users who are viewing this thread