• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Any reputable dyno tuners in the St. Louis area?

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by TheFleshRocket, Feb 3, 2017.

1. TheFleshRocket

TheFleshRocket Likes to drive sideways. Established Member

My Cobra is getting a TVS, 60lb injectors, MAF upgrade, etc, in the next month or two. I live in the southern Illinois area and St. Louis is the closest major metropolitan area. I'm not really interested in doing a mail-order tune (data logging, loading new tunes, etc) and would prefer to make a once-and-done project of it, so I am hoping there's a reputable shop you guys can recommend that'll be able to provide a dyno tune within a couple hours of southern Illinois.

I figure I'll either need to trailer the car to the shop or have the shop install the TVS and supporting mods, as I can't imagine the car will be driveable with the existing tune (stock injectors and MAF, 2.76-pullied Eaton).

Any recommendations?

2. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member Established Member

Have you looked into stl mustangs? It's kind of a drive but I've heard they are good at tuning. They didn't tune my car but they did rebuild my t56 and installed my clutch. From my experience I would use them again.

cheaneyt likes this.
  3. SVT GI

SVT GI Well-Known Member Established Member

I do my own building and tuning so no personal experience with any of the shops but I hear Bob Monks at STL Mustangs is pretty reputable.

You'll have to buy a handheld programmer anyway unless you go with a chip so whoever you go with would be able to build a base tune for you to load and be able to drive to the shop safely as long as you stay out of boost.

4. 4601S/C

4601S/C Member Established Member

I hear nothing but positive things about Bob Monks (STL Mustangs). I had mine tuned by Matt Cruise (Mustang Muscle).

cheaneyt likes this.
  5. cheaneyt

cheaneyt Well-Known Member Established Member

Stlmustangs is great. They're only 8 miles away from me . Everyone down this way uses them. I plan on it when my mods are done.

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.