Any room left in my setup for more HP?

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Can I squeeze any more out of my 2.3 whipple on 93oct? Here is my current setup...

Gen 2 whipple 2.3
3.5 upper/4# lower
jlt ram air
ba2600
accufab tb
60's
Fore with dual gt pumps w/dual fpdm & wire upgrade
BBK LT's, BBK catless X, magnaflows
larger HE and tank
motor .030 over manley pistons
Minor head work, stock cams

Could I safely throw a 3.25 pulley on or is that too much boost? I want to squeeze as much as I can out my 2.3 until I move on to a larger blower. Throw some ideas at me.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Well, there's no real close e85 station to me so I'd like to hold off on that until it becomes more available in Pittsburgh.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Last edited:

LS1toSVT

Established Member
I'll check into that. What average power increase should I expect to gain running torco? What kind of power can I hope for out of a 3.4 whipple on 93? Is it even worth jumping up to the 3.4 if I cant run e85?

testorossa1989

Established Member
I'll check into that. What average power increase should I expect to gain running torco? What kind of power can I hope for out of a 3.4 whipple on 93? Is it even worth jumping up to the 3.4 if I cant run e85?

Are we talking about a 3.4 or 2.3

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Now with adding the torco, will a tune net me the gains or would I need to turn up the boost as well as a tune?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Now with adding the torco, will a tune net me the gains or would I need to turn up the boost as well as a tune?
You wouldnt need a whole new tune file written,the added octane from the Torco
will allow you to run more timing to increase power. You could also do meth or a
75 wet shot of NOS.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Torco is annoying to run. You could do a meth setup and it will give you the octane to run a bit more boost and timing.

SxyMuffinSnake

Established Member
Can my motor and fuel setup support a smaller upper? Thats the question.

Youve got all the fuel mods for it.

Im running a TVS with 60s, BAP, and VMP 3000. Never had any problems. Just make sure to do a PPRV delete also or youll have hesitation at WOT. And youve got a better setup than me in my opinion. twin GT pumps with dual FPDMs should be fine. But talk to your tuner and see what he says.

Last edited:

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Youve got all the fuel mods for it.

Im running a TVS with 60s, BAP, and VMP 3000. Never had any problems. Just make sure to do a PPRV delete also or youll have hesitation at WOT. And youve got a better setup than me in my opinion. twin GT pumps with dual FPDMs should be fine. But talk to your tuner and see what he says.

How much boost are you running?

how many psi are you running now? how much timing?

Not 100% sure since I don't currently have a mechanical boost gauge installed. I was told its making 19lbs. at 17deg

Users who are viewing this thread