Any suggestions on getting my pc to find my Sct?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Having issues with act software and my computer. Trying to connect the Sct hand held and its not finding it.

Any suggestions?

Josh

01bluesnake

Established Member
Plugging the x cal into the pc VIA the usb should pick it right up. Make sure you have the proper software from sct to load files to the xcal. Also what version of Windows are you using?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I have windows vista. Computer is a 2009

Not sure what else to do at this point. really fustrating.

SCTnotconnecting.jpg

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I had two laptops that did the same thing, so I went out and bought a new laptop with windows 7 and everthing worked just fine. Call SCT Tech and they will get you fixed up. You may not have a driver installed, but SCT Tech is awesome, theyll remotely log onto your laptop and fix the issue. I recommend calling early morning, because after 9am they get swamped with calls.

G-Mann

Established Member
I have Vista on my home system and have had issues. Try removing the sct software via add/remove programs and then re-install the SCT software. That did the trick for me.

mhyjek

Established Member
It happened to me on windows 7 called sct the problem was I had my device hooked up prior to me loading the software. So if i remember correctly I had to go to hardware and device menu and point the software there one time and it was fixed.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Used a buddy lap top w window 7. The new tune is loaded onto the device now.

In the car now. Setting it back to stock and then upload the new tune. Going to royal purple raceway tonight.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
I have Vista on my home system and have had issues. Try removing the sct software via add/remove programs and then re-install the SCT software. That did the trick for me.

100% this

make sure the tuner is not plugged into the computer while installing the device updater.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Wow! I can't believe the difference in performance from the "can" tune from SCT and my new custom tune from Beefcake!

I feel like I should be in one of those gieco commercials... "how happy are they? Happier than Eddie Money running a travel agency"

LOL

Big props to Beefcake. I asked for a tune yesterday day, and recieved it last night. Answered his phone and took time to talk to me about it all and making sure I was doing it right. Much appreciated. I have a few more things I want to buy, I know who I'm going to call now.

and I'm going to the track in a few hours and I'll let you guys know how it all turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread