Any thoughts before I buy

jdt1970

Established Member
Hello, I have been a GT500 owner for 5 years but this will be my first Raptor. I am looking at a used 13 scab with 68k miles on it for $40,000. It has all the common options. The only thing I don’t like about it is someone removed the oem front bumper and replaced it with an off road n-fab bumper. I don’t know much yet about aftermarket bumpers but a quick search told me this was not a very expensive one ($700). In fact the factory bumper would cost more than that unless I got lucky and found a used one with all the hardware. I just wanted to hear from your experience what to watch out for when I test drive it. Or if the price is reasonable (carmax looks to have it $1700 over NADA). What would it cost to get an oem bumper back on it? Just asking for your help in keeping out of trouble with this purchase.
Thanks
JT

rwleonard

Established Member
I looked at two 2013's in the last few months. One loaded Screw with 38k miles for $51k and a base Scab with 18k miles for $42. Don't know anything about the bumper market.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Seems to be priced high for that many miles on a SCAB. You can score a SCREW for that price. Have you been scouring autotrader/etc. for comparables? I’d also browse some other forums for classifieds (won’t name them here, but there are basically only 2, with 1 being much tidier/busier).

jdt1970

Established Member
Seems to be priced high for that many miles on a SCAB. You can score a SCREW for that price. Have you been scouring autotrader/etc. for comparables? I’d also browse some other forums for classifieds (won’t name them here, but there are basically only 2, with 1 being much tidier/busier).

Thanks. Give me a better hint on the best forum. I’m going to offer carmax 38k on the screw. There moto is no haggle but I agree the truck would have to be flawless for what they are asking and I am already on the fence due to the cheesy bumper and the fact I will eventually end up spending time and money putting something different on. I’ll pay them the 40k if they fix all me gripes and let me drive home exactly what I want. I don’t have a lot of back seat traffic so the shorter wheel base speaks to me more than the extra doors. It’s hard to find the screws though.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If you end up getting it, I'm sure you'll find someone around you that would be willing to swap their factory bumper for that one if you end up not liking it after some time.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
That's not a good deal on a SCAB. They had a silver 13 scab with the tech pack with 40k so miles for 39.9k before it finally sold.

If you watch FRF or the FRF Facebook page(mainly a shitshow) there are people that try to give away the stock stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread