Any TrackHawk Owner In here?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thinking about buying one and was wondering what ppl's thoughts were on them? Cant seem to find a decent one under $85k.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Thinking about buying one and was wondering what ppl's thoughts were on them? Cant seem to find a decent one under $85k.

Demand exceeds production with chip shortage, may be awhile if at all before pricing corrects. The EV pressure is on and not known how long the golden age will last.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea was looking at that or a Hellcat Redeye Charger but those are all hovering at $100k. I've been searching for weeks. Its coming down to either whine about the increased pricing in the used car market or buy something over priced?

Not really any other choice to make and there aint shit to choose from either.

I cant leave shit alone so I will modify anything I get so im afraid with the TrackHawk my gas mileage will be 6-8 mpg. That would grow old fast. I got two other toys and just looking for a DD so im thinking the Hellcat is a better move.

Demand exceeds production with chip shortage, may be awhile if at all before pricing corrects. The EV pressure is on and not known how long the golden age will last.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I loved mine. I hammered on mine and got about 12 mpg. Not sure where you came up with 6 mpg?
They are fun and can do just about everything. Launch control is hilarious! The market is stupid for them. I made money when I got rid of mine. Wish I had kept it now.
2021 was the last year for them.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
My father has 78k miles on his.

He gets 13-14mpg, and still drives it hard and drag races it, but has long stretches of 55mph roads on commute.

Any questions, let me know.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, the market is really nuts right now. Horrible time to buy a popular used performance vehicle. Great time to sell.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
2.7 Race Ported Demon blower which I already have and was gonna use on a Hellcat, TBA Billet LID, Long tube headers, smaller pulley, etc..... Ur basic Bolt-on packages result in 6-8 mpg during spirited driving which is every day for me!

I know this cause my buddy had one similar minus the Demon blower and lid and he showed me his gas gauge mileage and he doesn't drive anywhere near as fast as I do and it was 9 mpg lol. Makes 900 whp.

The market is stupid for ANY Hellcat based platform its silly. Freaking Durango is $100k. I considered that too cause it does drive really nice and its a one year production so it will definitely hold its value but it would get worse gas mileage than the TH lol.

I drive a LOT especially now that im freaking retired lol. Don't even have Cable! I dont like staying at home so I enjoy driving and listening to tunes with a system which I have in my other 2 cars.

Plus its like $6-7k in goddam taxes smfh. These cars were selling for $10k LESS this time last year. I know cause I was also looking last year at a TH. Its Bonkers!

I loved mine. I hammered on mine and got about 12 mpg. Not sure where you came up with 6 mpg?
They are fun and can do just about everything. Launch control is hilarious! The market is stupid for them. I made money when I got rid of mine. Wish I had kept it now.
2021 was the last year for them.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Pretty much like a house right now Bob. I get to sell my CT house for quite a profit to move to Tennessee but I dont have to buy there cause I already own. Sell high but dont have to buy high.

So yea I agree shitty time to buy a high dollar car they are just bending ppl over but do to the shortage in available chips new car sales are way down so thats driving the used car market way up!

Yeah, the market is really nuts right now. Horrible time to buy a popular used performance vehicle. Great time to sell.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 12.15.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 12.21.45 PM.png
I dont know where any of u guys are getting such high MPG unless ur TC is completely stock but even then u wont be better than 11 mpg unless its in ecocide and u drive slow.

Ive been reading TH forums and stock guys during spirited driving get 8-9 mpg. So yea a modified one will get 6-8 mpg. Thing is totally badass tho! :D This dude will be me no doubt Post#35

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 12.15.56 PM.png

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Just a heads up, you may want to consider 3rd party GPS tracking, alarm system and or an immobilizer. My buddies was stolen a couple of months ago in midtown (houston)...according to HPD there was another stolen from the area at the same time. These vehicles (dodges) are apparently pretty easy to ghost key, they are push button start, guessing the crooks intercept/mimic the RFID frequency. The sad thing is that isn't my first friend to have one stolen, another had his Jeep SRT stolen while he was at a restaurant a couple of years ago.

Got another buddy with HSCO and they just a recovered a couple of hellcats from a theft ring.

T56LS102

Established Member
Nice, I was in the market for one too before i got the gt500, its a tighter fit but it works, me driving like an old lady is 13MPG city

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Oh yea in Detroit they steal them Hellcats like Honda's...... Computers hackers can design anything to hack anything except the Tesla im told. Go figure....

First mod will be a kill switch as it is on ANY car I own. GPS tracking, LoJack etc..... are all AFTER the fact. Ravelco is an option as well but if u lose the fob u cant start ur car.

These are a good idea to
Dodge knows its a problem and says they are coming out with a software update to combat this. They use a repeater box and they work for any FCA product. Unlocks the doors too. No alarm goes off car things the key is there.

People need to stop leaving their unprotected key-fob near the door! OR put it in a parody box like this
The transmission lever is easily deactivated to go into Neutral so they can jimmy the door and pop the console to get the lever to put the trans in neutral and roll ur shit away to a tow truck that hooks it up in under 15 seconds.

I guess having a kill switch AND GPS would be best. And of course a wheel lock but I aint doing that cause they gotta get past my Malinois first.....:eek:

Just a heads up, you may want to consider 3rd party GPS tracking, alarm system and or an immobilizer. My buddies was stolen a couple of months ago in midtown (houston)...according to HPD there was another stolen from the area at the same time. These vehicles (dodges) are apparently pretty easy to ghost key, they are push button start, guessing the crooks intercept/mimic the RFID frequency. The sad thing is that isn't my first friend to have one stolen, another had his Jeep SRT stolen while he was at a restaurant a couple of years ago.

Got another buddy with HSCO and they just a recovered a couple of hellcats from a theft ring.

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Professional car thieves dont steal Teslas bro. Im sure there is a few Hackers on planet Earth that can hack ANYTHING but the fact still remains Teslas dont get stolen!

Im sure I can search the internet and find Tesla's stolen here and there but I can search the internet for almost anything.

Worked auto-theft for (10) years as a Commanding officer. Never once has a Tesla ever been reported stolen where I worked unless it was flat bedded but even then they all have cameras and GPS. Never once! And I worked in the one of the stolen capitals of the world at (150) stolen cars a MONTH!

Thats not "Internet" experience thats actual REAL experience and I have yet to experience it once!

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Professional car thieves dont steal Teslas bro. Im sure there is a few Hackers on planet Earth that can hack ANYTHING but the fact still remains Teslas dont get stolen!

Im sure I can search the internet and find Tesla's stolen here and there but I can search the internet for almost anything.

Worked auto-theft for (10) years as a Commanding officer. Never once has a Tesla ever been reported stolen where I worked unless it was flat bedded but even then they all have cameras and GPS. Never once! And I worked in the one of the stolen capitals of the world at (150) stolen cars a MONTH!

Thats not "Internet" experience thats actual REAL experience and I have yet to experience it once!

Not enough sold for a market for parts, plus repairs are done at authorized repair centers, further limiting market for stolen parts.

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member

Im sure I can search the internet and find Tesla's stolen here and there
but I can search the internet for almost anything.

150 a month is a lot for where you worked. Must have kept you very busy. Yet you base your fact that Teslas don't get stolen on the area you worked, ok. Might be there wasn't a demand there? Don't know, not some stolen vehicle cop.

Right now they are being stolen at a much lower rate then others. There's not many out there might be the reason. I know Tesla has some three point tracking system for their cars but looks like that is even able to be disabled.

Drivers in 3 Stolen Teslas Lead Police on Chase Through Northern Virginia – NBC4 Washington (nbcwashington.com)

I quoted you saying "Computers hackers can design anything to hack anything except the Tesla im told. Go figure...." I posted hackers getting info to get into Teslas system, which all I was doing was showing that hackers can hack Tesla. Heck last year was it or 2018 Tesla computers were hacked.

I really didn't mention them being stolen. In the links it showed people knowing each other showing flaws of Teslas system. In time all these electric vehicles will be hacked just as easily computers....or some pipe line. Electric vehicles is not the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread