Any vibration or noise with MM's Al rack bushings?

Erick

Established Member
I'm interested in getting rid of this sloppy factory steering but I don't want anymore noise or vibrations than I already have. Do the MM aluminum steering rack bushings add a lot of noise or vibration? Thanks!

juliet2kg

Established Member
If you've got squeaky steering in addition to the slop, then I'd replace the steering racks bolt sleeves also. You'll have to cut them so that they are flush to the front of the k-member anyway when you install the MM aluminum rack bushings. You can get them from Ford for about $7.35 apiece unless you go through Tousley. The MM setup is designed to completely eliminate vibration and noise.

Last edited:

Erick

Established Member
If you've got squeaky steering in addition to the slop, then I'd replace the steering racks bolt sleeves also. You'll have to cut them so that they are flush to the front of the k-member anyway when you install the MM aluminum rack bushings. You can get them from Ford for about $7.35 apiece unless you go through Tousley. The MM setup is designed to completely eliminate vibration and noise.

I do have a steering squeak when turning right at low/no speed. Does the MM kit replace the sleeves? I haven't looked at the online instrustions yet at MM's website.

Erick

Established Member
Nevermind,
I just read the instructions. Looks super simple. Thanks guys for the advice!!!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
They are a great product. No squeels at all, no vibrations.
I love mine. Only thing you'll notice is tighter steering response.

Users who are viewing this thread