Any1 having second thoughts?

92LX5.0

Established Member
Im not, just kinda pissed that changing the exhaust is a must.:fm:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Man don't be pissed. If you ever heard a 4v engine on a full Bassani, you'll never go back.

i8u

Established Member
Imaginehow the owner of the loud muscle car will feel when you fly by him.

El Culebra

Established Member
Bassani, Bassani, Bassani. Some old dude in a caddie said; "Damm Your pipes sound good" I replied; "sir you should hear my pipe at night" Oh I'm sorry sir you meant my exhaust it does sound NASCARish with a droning sound.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah I like my Bassani too :-D ......and I have a 4V also :-D

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by 92LX5.0
Im not, just kinda pissed that changing the exhaust is a must.:fm:

awwww, poor baby has to change his ex- ex- exhaust (stutter) how about you line up your 03 against me (in my dads NEWEST Vette 02' ) and you will change your mind.... Look at my sig and you will see what i gave up for this car,,,, I still own a Chevy thanks to my dad buying it bran new back in the day (a 74"conv. Vette) but I will not disavow the fact that this is a superior car in comparison to the sluggish LS1... h/p per cylinder,, money per mod and in turn mod per h/p........ go buy you an LS1 and I will see you in the dust when we turn around :thumbsup: this may seem like flaming but yall know im allways kind at heart :beer: :beer: :beer: see yall on the strip :thumbsup:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
still live with your daddy...

MOVE OUT!

I can tell you that if I had a kid that could afford a new car (any new car) that little shit would be gettin his own place...

Don't be a looser, get your own life...

Livin with your parents... so you can have a cool car...

Get a life.

:punch:

Cat Breath

Established Member
Not having second thoughts, just pissed that I'm living so far above sea level. Any of you guys getting first to break loose just by giving it gas? I'm not. Kinda funny how it seems to pull strong up through 4th, yet the gearing advantage of 1st gear over 4th doesn't seem to translate into enough torque to break traction. Only have 70 miles on it now. I'm keeping the rpms under 5K for another couple hundred miles but can't seem to keep from going full throttle here and there. :p

nsreed

Established Member
Second thoughts????

Anyone with second thoughts about the car out there???

Well I had a TON before it came this past Monday. I thought many times about letting it go to someone else. Mostly not wanting to take the depreciation beating of a new car when it is just a toy. Put the money toward a collector car etc.

Let me tell you, as soon as I got through the first two gears as I drove away from the dealership, any second thoughts were gone!!!! The more I drive it, the more I love the car. It is an absolute beast when you want it to be and tame as can be if you want that. It does everything well. Power, handling, brakes etc

Yeah it does suck that Ford put that damn exhaust on it. And it IS way too quiet. So like everyone else we have to fork over another $600 to $1100 to make it sound and run better. SHAME ON FORD for that. But CONGRATS to Ford & SVT for doing their homework. It is very well done.

Only negatives I have are little things-
1. Exhaust
2. Typical Mustang BS especially the loose front nose, small chips in the paint from assembly.
3. Come on guys, get rid of that 1971 Pinto hood rod to hold up the hood.
4. Wish SVT would have done just a little more body enhancements.
5. Having to wait for the chrome wheels I had ordered and had to cancel. Plus have to deal with ANOTHER added cost to swap over the tires or buy a new set, mounting, balance etc. That is BS!!!
Wheels, exhaust etc. all of a sudden you have another $1500 to $2000 in the car for things it should have had from day one.
6. On the Cobra only, they should have made it a true TWO SEAT car. Less weight and the back seat serves no purpose anyway. Unless you are taking "little" kids to the DQ for ice cream. NOT IN MY CAR!!

BUT all in all, to FORD & SVT, JOB WELL DONE!!!!!
NSR

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
still live with your daddy...

MOVE OUT!

I can tell you that if I had a kid that could afford a new car (any new car) that little shit would be gettin his own place...

Don't be a looser, get your own life...

Livin with your parents... so you can have a cool car...

Get a life.

:punch:

You are officially a ****ing asshole.... I NEVER said i lived with my parents and that is none of your ****ing bussiness to talk about. I have a VERY respectable job and am buying my own townhome... you ****ing asshole :punch:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by blown03cobra

You are officially a ****ing asshole.... I NEVER said i lived with my parents and that is none of your ****ing bussiness to talk about. I have a VERY respectable job and am buying my own townhome... you ****ing asshole :punch:
Clean it up or take it to Smackdown.

CWCobra

Established Member
nsreed:
You said it man! Very well stated!. Thing is a beast, but very civilized when you want it to be.

My only complaint is the passenger seat, which is installed too close to door, and squeaks like crazy against the arm rest. Can't even close the door unless you really slam it! Going back to dealer tomorrow to see if it can be fixed. If not...guess I'll just lose that darn passenger seat! (J/K). If dealer can't fix, i'll just have to figure out something on my own. Any ideas?

LOVE the car!
CW

92LX5.0

Established Member
NSR,

thanx for the info brother. to all u other hard-ons.......suggit!

Love, Mike

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Originally posted by CWCobra
nsreed:
You said it man! Very well stated!. Thing is a beast, but very civilized when you want it to be.

My only complaint is the passenger seat, which is installed too close to door, and squeaks like crazy against the arm rest. Can't even close the door unless you really slam it! Going back to dealer tomorrow to see if it can be fixed. If not...guess I'll just lose that darn passenger seat! (J/K). If dealer can't fix, i'll just have to figure out something on my own. Any ideas?

LOVE the car!
CW

If the dealer can't fix it, try putting some felt on the door where it rubs. The Roushes have the same seats more or less and my passenger seat rubs like crazy too... the felt quieted it right down!

Users who are viewing this thread