Anybody actually had their stock clutch replaced, with another stock clutch @ Ford?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Was just curious as to what the cost was, after-markets scare me as they seem to be like an on\off switch and not really suited for daily driving (I have to drive mine in 2-3 hrs traffic pretty often)

Thanks in advance, I never really launch the car and don't drive aggressively, but I feel as if traffic is def consistent wear, though minor, still wear, kinda pre-planning "JUST IN CASE" :pop:

Last edited:

ericmuscle

Established Member
Was just curious as to what the cost was, after-markets scare me as they seem to be like an on\off switch and not really suited for daily driving (I have to drive mine in 2-3 hrs traffic pretty often)

Thanks in advance, I never really launch the car and don't drive aggressively, but I feel as if traffic is def consistent wear, though minor, still wear, kinda pre-planning "JUST IN CASE" :pop:

i got a mcleod rxt (not installed by ford) and it works so much better than stock. tough clutch and effortless clutch pedal. drives better than stock and will last along time. good for 1000hp. pricey but worth it. i wouldnt replace a factory clutch with another factory clutch. mcleod rxt clutch works just fine for daily driving and stop and go traffic, infact my leg got more tired with the factory clutch than it does now with the mcleod. my car is a 2007 gt500.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

RXT. Light pedal. Progressive. Strong. I can literally have it pre-staged and just curl my toes up to flicker the staged lights. It's that light.

bj

Imatk

Established Member
Cost should be around 5 hours of labor... about 500 bucks give or take.

I have the 2010-12 version of the clutch... much lighter than the original 07 clutch if that's what you're coming from... night and day difference.

Last edited:

RedZR

Established Member
I actually like the firmness of the stock pedal in my 2008. Is there an aftermarket clutch that has the feel of the stock unit and the durability of the RXT? Anyone had any experience with Centerforce or other units? There appear to be more choices coming to market.
Dan

- Aj -

Established Member
Cost should be around 5 hours of labor... about 500 bucks give or take.

I have the 2010-12 version of the clutch... much lighter than the original 07 clutch if that's what you're coming from... night and day difference.

+1

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Mine was replaced under another dealer warranty. $2100.00 new clutch and flywheel.
Wow that's the cheapest I've seen. Also guys mine is a 2012 so I think I have to get the older model slave-cylinder (or throw out bearing? I keep forgetting) to use the RXT on it, but the RXT does seem to be the way to go, time to start saving up.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
That stock clutch was god awful. So heavy. Like others have said the Mcleod rxt is easier to drive than stock. Feels like a honda civic.

99SSls1

Established Member
Mine is a 2011 and was replaced with there stock ford kit. I only did it b/c the steelership smoked the clutch as it was loaded on the truck or just before. Go aftermarket for sure.

Last edited:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
You have a 2012 so there won't be much advantage in pedal pressure with the RXT. It will be about the same as stock. Us '07-'09 owners have heavy stock pedal pressure. Mine was replaced by Ford with the TSB clutch. That would be the 2010 clutch. Pressure is close to the RXT. I've checked a couple buddies who have the RXT, it's very close in feel.

Go with the RXT, it is just a better clutch. The stock clutch will actually cost you more, IIRC.

Imatk

Established Member
Stock clutch from Tousley is like 500 bucks... nowhere near the McLeod.

Users who are viewing this thread