Anybody have the Carbon Fiber DSS Drive Shaft?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
F'ing awesome for me! I had a annoying highway vibe that I couldn't shake and it cured it. I went through two OEM shafts having both of them balanced and the vibe wouldn't go away. I put a PST in and it went away and was smoother than ever!

Other than that I would just stick with a stocker..... There expensive!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
F'ing awesome for me! I had a annoying highway vibe that I couldn't shake and it cured it. I went through two OEM shafts having both of them balanced and the vibe wouldn't go away. I put a PST in and it went away and was smoother than ever!

Other than that I would just stick with a stocker..... There expensive!

I'm also considering one for this exact reason. I have a driveline vibe that's just enough to be annoying. I can't decided if I want to even bother with trying to balance the stocker or just take the hit and go CF.

D-MANN

Established Member
If I remember correctly there was a group buy few years ago on CF driveshafts.Maybe if SVTP has enough interested members another group buy could be organized.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm also considering one for this exact reason. I have a driveline vibe that's just enough to be annoying. I can't decided if I want to even bother with trying to balance the stocker or just take the hit and go CF.

Before you spend the coin, inspect your OEM D/S for damage then try indexing it again. If that doesn't work, I'd look for a quality D/S shop local to you and get it rebalanced.

If none of that works and their is nothing wrong with your rear differential or bearings (which I also inspected prior to buying a C/F D/S) then I'd recommend a nice PST driveshaft! :beer:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like this is going on the list.

I have a CF on my Shelby so I know what you mean when you say they are expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread