Anybody planning on getting a Raptor?

dajohu

Established Member

You made me go look, the MSRP on mine was 35,730 and there were more options I did not have (think Nav was 2k or so more).

Now I didn't pay that much, I was just noting the relative MSRP of the Raptor was not out of line in my opinion.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well I just got the call. The dealership took my order. I’ll go in this weekend to put down what he called a “small deposit”. He said I wasn’t locked in since he know it will sell and he actually gets it sooner with my name on it than if he just ordered it for the showroom. I can do a test drive too before I commit to buying. I am curious what he will be asking for it. I’m betting MSRP and I’d like to get a little off of that. I really hope they won’t try to add a dealer markup to it or I will just walk.

I'm not expecting a speed demon but if I really don't like the power of the 5.4 it will be my last chance to hold off for the 6.2 Waiting after driving one would really suck!

I ordered a:
Blue Flame
5.4l
Stowable bed extender
Tailgate step
Brake controller
Luxury package
Moonroof

If my math was correct I am expecting about $41,695 MSRP. That sounds like a lot but my Sport Trac was around 35k MSRP 2 years ago.

good for you! i would not purchase unless its for less than mrsp! good luck!:beer:

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Hey does anybody know if it will have the shifter in the console. I also heard that some will have leather interior and possibly a sunroof. Does anyone know about that?

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
The more I see this truck the more I like it. Don't see getting one new, not the first year anyway. Once I buy my car, I'm working on getting a house, and then.....I'll be looking...so like a year and a 1/2 or so.

blksn8k

Established Member
I don't know guys. I was at the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA over the weekend. I have been debating whether I would be interested in the Raptor or not. I had seen the truck at the NAIAS in Detroit in January but the size didn't really sink in until I saw it again, this time outdoors. That thing is HUGE! It definitely would not fit in my one car attached garage and it would take up a lot of space in the back garage. I think I will stick with my Bronco. Now I just need to decide if I want to sell the 99 Cobra and go for the 2010 or 2011 GT500...

Jroc

Established Member
no crew. one config only. its a 4 door ext cab pick up with a short(5.5ft) bed!

Bingo!

You just made me figure out whats ugly about this truck other than the grill.

5.5 ft beds are ugly on Ex Cab trucks, just like 6.5 ft beds are ugly on Crews, and 8 ft beds are ugly on any cab configuration.

Give me either a regular car or Ex cab with a 6.5 ft bed FTW!

BTW running boards on a factory O/R racer truck makes me lol.

Last edited:

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
i may buy for hunting trips

just spoke with team jdm
1 raptor 5.4L + built engine lightning trans and cooling upgrades
Whipple SC 12 psi
550wrhp
price (85k ) maybe less thats shipped to Dubai

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I ordered one the 6.2 was a $3000 option and the dealership said I could not expect it until late January or early feb. So I went with the 5.4, the build time expected to be 8- 10 weeks. Glen

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
The more I look, the more I WANT. But it would take a miracle for me to be able to afford one even in year two.

powersof12

Established Member
I would really have liked a regular cab / 6.5 foot bed option with the 5.4L but I will take it as is. I have never needed more then 2 people in my truck.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Technically it's 320 hp but it's the 390 tq that matters more anyway.

Another 3 grand for 10 tq seems like a lot of dough to me...

common misconception :nono: The 320/390 rating is for E85 only. On regular pump gas the 5.4 puts out 310/365. The 6.2L is rumored to be in the 420/480 range.

So there's a bit more difference between the two motors than 10lb-ft of torque. Were you getting your info from the salesman? :shrug:

dajohu

Established Member
ok, that doesn't even make sense. So you buy and E85 capable vehicle that gets more power, and if you want that power you use E85. If you don't then use regular. Doesn't change what it is rated at with E85. If I run E85 it's 320/390, so what's the problem?

Only numbers I've seen are around 400hp/400tq, anything else is just a guess.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Only numbers I've seen are around 400hp/400tq, anything else is just a guess.

so you really believe ford is spending millions in R&D to release a new motor with only 10 more lb-ft? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread