Anybody repair there own wheels? Like curb rash

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I just had 4 tires mounted and balanced and alignment done on my volvo. When I got home I washed wheels to get the lubricant off and I noticed they scratched the every damn wheel!!! Now the wheels were already in bad shape from curb rash but now on top of that they have a concentric ring that’s scratched into wheel.

Anyway done with rant I want to repair the wheels myself. Looks like all they do is clean really good and fill it with body filler. This would be fine for me since I want to paint them black anyway. Have any of you guys done this? If so how did it turn out and what kind of filler to use? Thanks,
-Tim

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I plan on at some point having it done by a shop and them having them powder coated. But for now I wanted a leave the tire on solution especially since I just had them put on.

Jaysin

Established Member
+1 on the jb weld method, there was a write-up somewhere about using it to repair curb rash. Mix it, let it sit where the rash is for 24hrs, once it's set, sand it down and re-paint.

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
go on turbobuick.com, theres a guy named terik.m , he posts in the lounge a lot, he repairs wheels for a living.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Thanks guys that article was helpful

And ill check out turbobuick its been awhile since I've been on there lol I hope I hope I can remember my name and password

Users who are viewing this thread