Anyone bought an engine from USA Powertrain?

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I have been looking all over for the best prices on either heads or a new long block for my car since the drivers side head went bad.

I am seeing the best price for a factory remanufactured '03 cobra longblock on Ebay from a company called USA Powertrain.

anyone heard of these guys or done business with them?

I called "Jay" whose contact info was on the page. He did not seem very knowledgeable. That was sort of a red flag to me. But it is a good price and they get their engines from the same company who remans for Ford.

Here is the link:

Mustang Cobra Engine 4.6L 4V 2003-2004: eBay Motors (item 320445720136 end time Jul-04-10 15:14:52 PDT)

oldmodman

Established Member
They have a terrible rep on E-bay

They won't honor winning bids.

I can just imagine how they handle any warranty problems.

GodStang

Established Member
They have a terrible rep on E-bay

They won't honor winning bids.

I can just imagine how they handle any warranty problems.

90% rep??? Holy crap that is bad. REAL BAD. You should never buy from someone under like 98 or 99%. Also add $1200 for core charge.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Did the head going bad **** up the rest of the shortblock? I had a head go bad on my '98 GT (sparkplug blowout) and it was a blessing in disguise, i.e. I put on a set of ported and polished PI heads. That being said, Terminator motors have handled upwards of 1,200 RWHP, so if all that's wrong is your head is bad, why don't you just replace it...ported and plolished along with the passenger side of course. Rebuilt, etc. Talk to MMR (Modular Mustang Racing).

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Why not just buy a reman motor from Ford?
You can get a great deal from Steve at Tously Ford. He is a supporting vendor on here and a great deal to deal with.
I have a Ford reman as does my friend in his turbo Mach 1.
They both run great with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread