Anyone build their own racing simulator?

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
There are guides to make portable PVC ones that are pretty sturdy, almost built one myself. You don't need all the suspension gizmos. Wheel, monitors, and everything 1-2k depending on what quality you get. Thats if you have nothing. Already have a g27 wheel and computer. You can also build the stand, and add it in later. PVC stand is light, sturdy, and can be dismantled for storage or whatever. Cost is around $100 bucks I think.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/681-simul8r-mark-ii-pvc-plans-bottom-of-pg-7-donations-accepted/

You can make your own design of course.

chuckstang

Established Member
Wanted to add to this as I just got into the hobby of it.

I purchased a Play Seat Challenge and highly recommend. toyrus has it for less than $200. Check it out if you have not seen it but it is a mix between a wheel stand and an actual simulator rig.

I got the Logitech G920 with the gear shifter brand new for $240 which I thought was also a great bargain. Im using this on the Xbox one which is horrible for sims compared to PC but don't own a PC at the moment so it will have to do. I just run one monitor as you would need 3 Xbox's etc if you want to run 3!

Users who are viewing this thread