Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Sharpened one of the images that got out from the "dealer" event. I'm starting to believe there is more here than meets the eye. Still digging...

2020%20shelby%20gt500%20cleaned%20up-M.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Lol. I'm talking something concrete, something there but isn't clear and that has yet to be brought up.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's the louvered opening we've been seeing, the angle of the photo limits the detail such that I can see where you are coming from though.

It is hood related, what I believe is right on the surface...too many artifacts in that photo for certainty. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
It's the louvered opening we've been seeing, the angle of the photo limits the detail such that I can see where you are coming from though.

It is hood related, what I believe is right on the surface...too many artifacts in that photo for certainty. I guess we'll know soon enough.

JUST TELL US WHAT YOU SEE!!!!!!

The suspense has me punching my own balls off!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ok.

While not necessarily KR-specific, if you go back to the 60's era GT500's as well as the last one in 1970 you see that Shelby was definitely about form and function when it came to the hood. Fiberglass was used because it lends itself well to custom work and may reduce weight. Shelby/Ford used this material in conjunction with a design that was intended to manage airflow somewhat as well. They also added a mechanical means of fastening beyond the regular hood latch - they used pins.

z%20Ford%20Mustang%20Shelby%20GT500KR%20%201968%2009-L.jpg

z%201969-shelby-gt500-fastback-documented-with-two-build-sheets-marti-report-3-M.jpg

With the 2008/2009 GT500KR's we saw the continuation of a composite hood that once again used an external pin design.

z%202009-Ford-Shelby-GT500-KR-L.jpg

Fast forward to the upcoming 2020 model...most likely a composite hood (while not necessarily carbon fiber), that is designed to manage airflow in a big way compared to previous efforts. Just a guess, but with the large opening, the quest for light weight, and use of a composite, the framework on the underside may not allow the most rigid structure possible. And on this car, as with previous S550 and S197 cars that saw high speeds at the track, hood lift and flex may be may once again a concern. So why not pin it as has been done with previous versions if it serves to satisfy both a retro quality as well as one of function?

Hard to tell as there are some sloppy nearby artifacts/reflections but I think I see pins in place...

2020%20shelby%20gt500%20cleaned%20up%20zoom%20on%20hood-M.jpg

Sucks having to wait until Detroit and I hope Ford lets something else slip prior.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ok.

While not necessarily KR-specific, if you go back to the 60's era GT500's as well as the last one in 1970 you see that Shelby was definitely about form and function when it came to the hood. Fiberglass was used because it lends itself well to custom work and may reduce weight. Shelby/Ford used this material in conjunction with a design that was intended to manage airflow somewhat as well. They also added a mechanical means of fastening beyond the regular hood latch - they used pins.

View attachment 1537036

View attachment 1537037

With the 2008/2009 GT500KR's we saw the continuation of a composite hood that once again used an external pin design.

View attachment 1537038

Fast forward to the upcoming 2020 model...most likely a composite hood (while not necessarily carbon fiber), that is designed to manage airflow in a big way compared to previous efforts. Just a guess, but with the large opening, the quest for light weight, and use of a composite, the framework on the underside may not allow the most rigid structure possible. And on this car, as with previous S550 and S197 cars that saw high speeds at the track, hood lift and flex may be may once again a concern. So why not pin it as has been done with previous versions if it serves to satisfy both a retro quality as well as one of function?

Hard to tell as there are some sloppy nearby artifacts/reflections but I think I see pins in place...

View attachment 1537039

Sucks having to wait until Detroit and I hope Ford lets something else slip prior.
Lol I wish I would have said it, I thought the same thing but wasn't confident enough to say anything.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
JUST TELL US WHAT YOU SEE!!!!!!

The suspense has me punching my own balls off!
Can’t be. Dodge made your perfect car in the demon. No amount of engineering research design nor new technologies is worthy of a 4 year build time!

You have the patience of a 2 year old yet you want the reward of revolutionary build?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Ok.

View attachment 1537036

View attachment 1537037

View attachment 1537038

View attachment 1537039

Ok, you just wasted your time and ours fella! Why not just look at the OFFICIAL photos FORD has posted. Nothing about what your suggesting is present.

0af34752-mustang.jpg
gt500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread