Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

boss#301

Established Member
So,.......you want the new GT500 to be TT V8 just because it will "stand out more"?!?!?
Not me. What I want is the new 2650 TVS in the GT500 making gobs of power and torque with great performance.
Not really! But unless it makes over 840hp it's not going to make a splash.... Or if it has 3000 lbs... Or if it's somehow faster than a Chiron...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really! But unless it makes over 840hp it's not going to make a splash.... Or if it has 3000 lbs... Or if it's somehow faster than a Chiron...
I highly doubt it's going to have 840HP, never mind more than 840HP.
I just want it to be faster than the Hellcats and the new ZL1. And handle better.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Destroy a demon? So we're talking an 8 second car thats also at home on a road course?? I dont think thats even possible in Forza.
No I am not saying 8 seconds, but a mid 9s car that will be consistent in running mid 9s, because we all know this fat demon will not run that time they achieved all the time, it was probably alot of tries and having the right weather conditions etc..But there are a lot of high end cars that have both drag race speed with road course aspects!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1320 demon time on slicks and skinnies is unimportant for a driving car. One that you go to work in, shopping, movies, road trips.

If it can hit low to mid tens all day long(on cup 2's) at 132+...and put up a 1:32/33 at LS I'd think they have a winner.
32/33 is what the GT3RS and c7Z run currently.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Destroy a demon? So we're talking an 8 second car thats also at home on a road course?? I dont think thats even possible in Forza.
Haha so now it's an 8 sec car? The Demon went 9.65 in damn near perfect conditions. I'd like the GT500 to have nine second power potential, say 750hp, but not lugging around 4200# + like the Demon/Hellcat.
I think he meant the last new 500 came out 4 years ago.
well damn Ron, someone can do the math.
Yes, I meant it's been 4 model years SINCE we've had a new GT500. I should know I have one.

Zyborg:
I'm sure we agree and I'm with you that our Trinity cars are still relevant, more just saying the GT350 package can handle 200hp more and be epic.

As far as drivetrain, I'd love twin turbo 5.0/5.2 with 10spd auto but I'm guessing it'll be TVS 2650 instead. A great alternative as I was just on a dyno tune with a 2.3 TVS blown built Coyote making 900rwhp, so I know that combo potential.
Down a lot of torque from cammed 5.8 but less cubes fit the TVS better.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude I guarantee you haven't driven in or driven a Hellcat with an auto trans with that reply. I'm a hardcore Ford guy and there's nothing close to my Charger Hellcat I'd want to drive everyday.
And I drive it daily on drag radials, guaranteed harder than you would on the regular. In mixed driving I'm getting 17.6mpg, checked just today after 3500 miles.
Just a touch under my '14 Ram, better than my '14 GT500 when mildly modded and better than my previous AMG SUV.
Point is, it's the perfect DD package from comfort to insane with double tapping the SRT button, and decent on gas for what it is.
Not that I give a **** about mpg, but I'll put her in Eco mode for the drive down to the NMRA Ohio race, a 3hr drive with 3 guys and supplies, just to check.
-J

Just an update, 3 of us to the Charger on 3hr trip to NMRA race. Reset mileage before left the house, 23.4mpg with cruise set 75-84mpg on Eco mode pulling into hotel.
The next blast to 140mph on custom setting will not help :)
Great package SRT!
-J

keystonemedical

Established Member
I think its going to be awhile til we see a updated GT500, and heres why. The first quarter profits were down and they shuffled CEOs. They also admitted 2017 will not be a strong as the previous year. I think theres some internal issues with FoMoCo that they intend to get straight before they throw a boatload of money unveiling a new GT500. Personally, even though we all see pics of this new car in various testing stages, and rumors of engine options and h.p. projections, no one really knows that the car is close to being ready to be released. The 2013/14s were fantastic cars and for a reasonable amount of money in mods you can get between a Hellcat and Demon pretty easily h.p. wise. Ill stick with my 2013 til Ford decides to release a new one, I wont buy a Dodge no matter how much h.p. it makes. Just my two cents.......

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
No I am not saying 8 seconds, but a mid 9s car that will be consistent in running mid 9s, because we all know this fat demon will not run that time they achieved all the time, it was probably alot of tries and having the right weather conditions etc..But there are a lot of high end cars that have both drag race speed with road course aspects!

Dodge quoted the Hellcats as a 10.8 car on drag radials and that's what any competent driver has been getting and it damn sure didn't have to be in perfect conditions. 1500+ da. Hellcats in great air have been 10.6's i believe.

They quote the demon as a 9.65 car on the nt05. So there's no magical tire stuff taking place. The engineers said it will go quicker on a slick. You better believe it will go quicker than the quoted time in perfect conditions just like the hellcats do. Expect 9.5's. Maybe even a 9.4 or two when it's all said and done.

Id like to see you list ANY 9 second capable car with road course aspects. Then list the price. Then compare that to a Ford Mustang and ask yourself how realistic your aspirations are.

Haha so now it's an 8 sec car? The Demon went 9.65 in damn near perfect conditions. I'd like the GT500 to have nine second power potential, say 750hp, but not lugging around 4200# + like the Demon/Hellcat.

Absolutely no its not an 8 sec car but as i just said above, once in owners hands dont be shocked one bit to see them hit a sub 9.50. He said ge wants ford to make a road course capable mustang that will, and i emphasize, DESTROY a Demon at the drag strip.

What im saying is in order to DESTROY a demon it will have to be a damn near 8 second car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I think its going to be awhile til we see a updated GT500, and heres why. The first quarter profits were down and they shuffled CEOs. They also admitted 2017 will not be a strong as the previous year. I think theres some internal issues with FoMoCo that they intend to get straight before they throw a boatload of money unveiling a new GT500. Personally, even though we all see pics of this new car in various testing stages, and rumors of engine options and h.p. projections, no one really knows that the car is close to being ready to be released. The 2013/14s were fantastic cars and for a reasonable amount of money in mods you can get between a Hellcat and Demon pretty easily h.p. wise. Ill stick with my 2013 til Ford decides to release a new one, I wont buy a Dodge no matter how much h.p. it makes. Just my two cents.......

I don't believe this for a second. The money spent on showing it off will be pennies compared to how much was spent r and d.
Secondly it went to Ford Performance from SVT to save money on their global operations.
Thirdly they still had huge net profits last year. 4.6 billion in profits!
Fourth, if they could not make money on the program it would have been cut long ago. FP/SVT is very profitable and has been for years.
Fifth, as I said things take time to do them correctly. It is not just throwing a blower on a mustang gt even though it seams that what gm does with their camaro. It took 3 years to get the 350 out(fall of 15). We are less than two years after that release. Look for the 500 in dealers next summer/fall.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Try not to get too frustrated. The 350r is an amazing car, motor trend got it right against the zl1. Lacking the hp but oh boy what a fabulous car to drive.
Was hoping for a TT on the gt500 but we'll see what this blower can do. I'm expecting it to be more of a track focused car. I have no doubt it will best the zl1 l1e on a course and with the auto option, it should be a repeatable mid 10s car. It will be worth the wait. I'll guess that the Easter eggs they gave us are correct. Expect around 755 hp.
Not demon numbers but it will also be a fun car to drive around town on a road course etc...not just a drag strip.
If ford wanted to build a demon destroyer it would get done, chevy is who ford is competing with so I'd expect a high HP track focused car. You never know they may offer track or drag packs as options. Sounds like we'll be hearing about it at the Detroit show next year and for sale 2019 MY

Users who are viewing this thread